My fax monitor does not show anything after i have install..

I know that it is caused by norton and someone told me to disable some of
the rules which cause the problem.

But what are the rules and i know that it is related to something like
127.0.0.1 or something similar.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor show install

    Symantec should be providing the answer:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    If not, contact them.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "peter" <divisible@subdimension.com> wrote in message

    > I know that it is caused by norton and someone told me to disable some of
    > the rules which cause the problem.
    >
    > But what are the rules and i know that it is related to something like
    > 127.0.0.1 or something similar.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks a lot

    But I was wondering what should I do if I want to follow the
    instructions? --------------- what does it mean by a file that is in the fax
    monitor installation folder?

    By the way, is the fax monitor a .exe file?

    Thanks

    If the Fax Monitor requires access to the Internet or network, this problem
    might be caused by the Fax Monitor being blocked by the NIS firewall for
    security purposes.

    If you see a NIS alert message for a file that is in the Microsoft Fax
    Monitor installation folder, then prompting NIS to create a firewall rule
    for that file, rather than choosing to block the communication, may resolve
    the problem.

    If you do not see an alert, look at the list of NIS firewall rules to
    determine whether any of those rules might be for the Microsoft Fax Monitor
    program, and if there is such a rule, modify the rule to permit
    communications. For help read the document How to unblock programs in Norton
    Internet Security after selecting block and checking "Always use this
    action".

    > Symantec should be providing the answer:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    > If not, contact them.
    >
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "peter" <divisible@subdimension.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > I know that it is caused by norton and someone told me to disable some
    of
    > > the rules which cause the problem.
    > >
    > > But what are the rules and i know that it is related to something like
    > > 127.0.0.1 or something similar.
    > >
    > > Thanks

Fax Monitors Microsoft Windows XP