Noise Control Silverado

G

I'm in the same boat, I've checked all my normal places and most searches come back with a lot of stuff in Dutch and German with no links to a reseller or the manufacturer. Where do we find 'em!?

Zenthar

Distinguished
I think the site (www.noisecontrol.de) is only in German (but they are building an english version). And if what I understood is correct, the thing costs about 70$ (139 Deuth Marks). But since I didn't understood any of what seemed to be an order form, I don't know if we can buy directly from them.

dryfly

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
Great work on the HSF roundup. Supper good data and details guys! I also would like to find out where to get a siverado unit. I live in Canada so it will cost me more, but I think it will be worth it. If anyone finds out please drop me a line, I will check the message boards from time to time.

G

Noise Control is the name of some product lines developed and manufactured by "A Conto Systemhaus GmbH". You can order directly via the website www.noise-control.de, they deliver worldwide. Some shipping rates are hidden behind the blue link on the bottom of the first page.

The large black frame on the top of page 1 says they have a lot of work right now, they need 3 weeks to process orders, sorry, blabla... email contact also a bit slower ...

The reason is obvious: THG.de published the German version of this cooler shootout three weeks ago!

Order form for end-users ist the first link below the Silverado logo.
The next link is for resellers. If you can, use one of these
fax numbers for registration. I´m pretty sure, resellers get much better prices.

The German price is 139 DM including 16% VAT, free shipping and 6 months "Gewährleistung", which is a stronger form of warranty.

Some technical stuff:
Three modes:
-"Flüster"(=whisper) ==>1,0G TBird, all Durons
-standard ==>1,2G
-turbo ==>(1,5G)

rpm: 1300 / 1800 / 3100
cbm/hour: 15 / 21 / 36

Only the 50g pure silver version is available. The planned 33g version has been canceled.

package includes:
-Silverado
-3*2 power adaptors for 10V, 8V, 6V
-6 distance rings of a brand named Planetti(tm)
-thermal paste in the usual medical device ;-)

Probably somebody should just send them an email and ask for the international prices, shipping, VAT and warranty. It could be a good idea to mention THG and your intention to post the info in this forum. Maybe it helps to speed-up their answer.

I own one of their older HSFs (very quiet), a noise-reduced big tower (o.k., but not really worth the money) and (no longer) a NoVibes harddisk rag (definetely rocks!).

feathers

G

I am also quite interested in this quiet cooler from Noise Control. If anyone comes up with information on possible vendors of the heatsink in the United States, I would be grateful. Perhaps I should relocate to Germany.

"The purpose of a philosopher is to make ideas available, not impose them upon others."

G

Sigh. Figures that the one cooler that I found to be truly interesting is a royal pain to acquire. If this product was easily available in the U.S. these guys would make a killing. I'm sure they are doing just fine concentrating on the EU, but I would almost rather not heard of the product if I can't get hold of it.

Oh well, in the cooler market it seems that companies quickly copy successful ideas. We will probably see somebody come up with a similar design in a few months that will actually be available in regular retail outlets.

G

What´s the problem? Use the order form, choose your country
("Land"), enter your name, adress, age and the number of Silverados you want. COD.

The necessary inputs from top to bottom:
German, English
4 Nachname, last name
5 Vorname, first name
6 Alter, age

9 Straße, street
10 PLZ (=Postleitzahl), post code
11 Ort, city
12 Land, country (USA, Canada, ...)
(13 Sonderwünsche, special requests)

16 email (autoreply!)

Then locate Silverado and enter the number you want.
There are links to the international shipping rates on top and bottom of the page ("Internationale Fracht")

When you are ready, press the button saying "Hiermit bestelle ich ....". You should get an email confirming your order within a few seconds.

btw., I´m just a former customer, and in no way related to them, so please excuse if some of the infos turn out to be imprecise or wrong.

feathers

G

Ok, feathers you convinced me to take the dive. The one question I have regards the COD. Since this is an international COD order does the shipping company take care of the money exchange issues? I assume I don't need Deutchmarks on hand when they show up?

Thanks for your previous help and any more you may provide.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DesertCat on 03/07/01 02:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Very interesting question, DesertCat. Only A Conto can answer this for sure. May be you should mail them (in English).

I don´t know, how this is handled, but the most logical way is
A Conto --> Dt.Post AG --> US-partner (some BIG player)
with currency conversion euro - $$$.

I assume it´s okay to pay in dollar, but can´t tell for sure. They charge a 6 DM plus VAT fee for COD outside D, but only 3 DM in Germany. This also indicates conversion.