Sign in with
Your question

Adobe flash 10 1 installation failed

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 15, 2011 3:54:30 PM

i have a mac dual core g4 running OS10.5.8 Adobe flash no longer functions and I am being disallowed to view You tube and other video and audio content on the web.

Not surprised that this correlates to election time... Adobe is NO HELP when it comes to uninstalling and reinstalling older versions of flash that function on my computer. I get nothing but "installation failed" messages.

Nothing like making a perfectly good working computer obsolete with a little Adobe flash trickery. What is the goal behind making it difficult for people to run their computers? Um. MONEY. POLITICS. BOTH. Making it difficult to view content on the web (free)? Well well. It DEFINITELY looks like a political agenda to me. What is so hard about allowing older version to work on older computers? It doesn't take much really jeez...

This is as painful and stupid as the fact that in 1981 we could build a car that gets 50 miles per gallon (look at 1980 diesel rabbit) and in 2011 we can't make a ford fiesta get better than 30? WOW... Looks like the smart guys are allowing themselves to be led like sheep and paid to dumb people down again... NOT COOL AT ALL.

If my 65 year old parents can no longer get some of their news from you tube, then the only available news is from mainstream media HAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! there you have it folks...

Um by the way,

Could someone help me to get my adobe flash player to worrk again on my dual core mac g4 running OS10.5.8?

Sincerely,
-Stephen
December 16, 2011 12:27:37 AM

Bluestephen001 said:
i have a mac dual core g4 running OS10.5.8 Adobe flash no longer functions and I am being disallowed to view You tube and other video and audio content on the web.

Not surprised that this correlates to election time... Adobe is NO HELP when it comes to uninstalling and reinstalling older versions of flash that function on my computer. I get nothing but "installation failed" messages.

Nothing like making a perfectly good working computer obsolete with a little Adobe flash trickery. What is the goal behind making it difficult for people to run their computers? Um. MONEY. POLITICS. BOTH. Making it difficult to view content on the web (free)? Well well. It DEFINITELY looks like a political agenda to me. What is so hard about allowing older version to work on older computers? It doesn't take much really jeez...

This is as painful and stupid as the fact that in 1981 we could build a car that gets 50 miles per gallon (look at 1980 diesel rabbit) and in 2011 we can't make a ford fiesta get better than 30? WOW... Looks like the smart guys are allowing themselves to be led like sheep and paid to dumb people down again... NOT COOL AT ALL.

If my 65 year old parents can no longer get some of their news from you tube, then the only available news is from mainstream media HAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! there you have it folks...

Um by the way,

Could someone help me to get my adobe flash player to worrk again on my dual core mac g4 running OS10.5.8?

Sincerely,
-Stephen
It is about time to sell the G4 and buy a new apple laptop.
m
l
December 17, 2011 10:24:40 PM

Its about time to buy a new computer eh? that's not an answer to my question. This computer is already fast and was state of the art only 5 years ago. Its amazing that people are so quick to get rid their older models. Perhaps that is the agenda of Adobe elite. Maybe they made a little extra by slowly writing older computers out of the code. Pretty funny, what if we did that to people. Kind of ironic that this was the advice you gave though don't you think?

Well thanks for being absolutely no help, even though you did take the time to give the unwarranted advice. In fact I have solved my problem - For this luddite has accomplished a great task; I uninstalled and emptied out all associated folders containing files for Adobe FLASH. Then AFTER A REBOOT, I was able to successfully install older Flash version 10.1 ... Pretty simple actually but I guess even a luddite like myself can figurer SOMETHING out on his own... Thanks I hope this helps anyone else around who had the same problem I did...

Sincerely,

Stephen
m
l
Related resources
December 17, 2011 11:33:43 PM

Bluestephen001 said:
Its about time to buy a new computer eh? that's not an answer to my question. This computer is already fast and was state of the art only 5 years ago. Its amazing that people are so quick to get rid their older models. Perhaps that is the agenda of Adobe elite. Maybe they made a little extra by slowly writing older computers out of the code. Pretty funny, what if we did that to people. Kind of ironic that this was the advice you gave though don't you think?

Well thanks for being absolutely no help, even though you did take the time to give the unwarranted advice. In fact I have solved my problem - For this luddite has accomplished a great task; I uninstalled and emptied out all associated folders containing files for Adobe FLASH. Then AFTER A REBOOT, I was able to successfully install older Flash version 10.1 ... Pretty simple actually but I guess even a luddite like myself can figurer SOMETHING out on his own... Thanks I hope this helps anyone else around who had the same problem I did...

Sincerely,

Stephen
Glad I could help with your problem.
m
l
December 22, 2011 2:29:25 PM

JustSomeJoe said:
Some of the older G4's are considered to be a design classics, if you have one in a working state it could be worth keeping it running.

These links might be of some use:
http://lowendmac.com/ppc/mdd-power-mac-g4-dual.html
http://lowendmac.com/misc/10mr/mb0120.html
http://nerdcore.eu/?tag=apple-g4-flash-performance

Cool Links!
I have a Pro G5, an Asus M83v Laptop, and a newer HP desktop. All great computers. I mainly use Pro Tools for audio and in fact my G4 can still handle the 24bit/96khz professional digitech recording gear I use. It is the backup to my G5 in case things go south in the studio. Right now the G4 sits in my living room and my 3 year old and I use it to watch PBS kids video etc... when it started to get choppy video display my anger veered towards Adobe programmers and their Bias toward the latest and greatest. Which in the spirit of equality and social justice I thought it was unfair that only wealthy people that can afford new computers should be able to view web content smoothly. I feel lucky I am fortunate enough to have the funds to keep myself moving on the internet! If we can keep our old computers alive and worthy, perhaps we can donate them to those less fortunate and not screw them out of information availability at the same time.

Peace.
m
l
!