can't activate moto 270c??

Bought a new 270c off of ebay and tried to activate online. The esn was
recognized, but I couldn't update via *228. It was trying to access the
Alltel network. Took it to the local vzn tech and was told that it
"should" work, but that he couldn't flash the software. So I'm stuck. Or
am I? Any suggestions?

ellis

Xman

Instead of the ESN, isn't there another type serial number you can use
that's on the same sticker?

"ellis" <e_barker@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Bought a new 270c off of ebay and tried to activate online. The esn was
> recognized, but I couldn't update via *228. It was trying to access the
> Alltel network. Took it to the local vzn tech and was told that it
> "should" work, but that he couldn't flash the software. So I'm stuck. Or
> am I? Any suggestions?
>
> ellis

DonR

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

Do a manual setup of your phone no. and SID. Menu, 073887*. Should then call
Verizon tower when you do the *228.

"ellis" <e_barker@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Bought a new 270c off of ebay and tried to activate online. The esn was
> recognized, but I couldn't update via *228. It was trying to access the
> Alltel network. Took it to the local vzn tech and was told that it
> "should" work, but that he couldn't flash the software. So I'm stuck. Or
> am I? Any suggestions?
>
> ellis

No. CDMA is dependent on ESNs.
Have you checked to see if the phone is locked?
*228 won't work if the master lock code is not 000000

Why couldn't he flash the software? I don't think the
lock code blocks that? Don't know about that phone.

-Quick

ellis wrote:
> Bought a new 270c off of ebay and tried to activate online. The esn
was
> recognized, but I couldn't update via *228. It was trying to access
the
> Alltel network. Took it to the local vzn tech and was told that it
> "should" work, but that he couldn't flash the software. So I'm
stuck. Or
> am I? Any suggestions?
>
> ellis
I used to have 270c - it worked just fine for me, but I did have some
minor problems with it.
Anyway, try to check the old link:

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/showthread.php?t=1921&highlight=270c