Clock multiplier question?

G

In what order are you supposed to overclock your processor? I have upped my front side bus considerably until the system starts actin buggy and am wondering if I should or could up the clock multiplier on the processor to get more out of the 2 933's that I have? And when do you start to consider upping the voltage of the processors to gain more speed? I am going to be doing some heavy 3d studio max rendering in the next couple of days and need all the power that I can get!

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
From what you said I gather that you have a P3 pair with the intel cpu you cant change the multiplier and since it is a 933 your deefault bus would be 133fsb so the max you realisticaly can do (estimated) would be 150fsb for 1050 that is if both cpu's can handle that and the memory also. hope that this helps.

SANDMAN

G

Yes, my setup is this:
ABIT VP-6 mb
2-933mhz intel processors w/256k cache
384 megs of Mushkin R3 CAS2 Ram rated at 150 mhz
2-UDMA 100 Quantum Fireball 20 gig HD's @7200 RPM on RAID 0
1-Maxtor 20 gig HD @ 5400 RPM
2-Globalwin FOP-32-I HSF's
1-Oxygen GVX-1 video card w/32 megs RAM
Cheap sound card, network adapter, 300w power supply, 2 case fans, and 1 PCI slot fan under my oxygen card.

I run 36 degrees C at its warmest under full rendering load.

In the softmenu it gives me the option to change the multiplier, unless there is something that I overlooked. I just want to squeeze these processors for more. If they are locked, is there a way that I can unlock them? I don't think that they are though.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
the multiplyers are locked within the intel chips
you cahnge the multiplyer alll you want but nothing will happen to increase the speed
form what i'vve heard it just resets it back to what it should be