Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Occasional frame skipping in Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 15, 2012 5:48:47 AM

I have about a month ago gotten a new PC, and have had no real problem with any games in turns of framerate, except for this one.

I play it on max setting, and my specs are:

EVGA GeForce GTX 560ti
Intel i5 2400
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Corsair GS700 PSU

If there is any more information you need, let me know (:
April 16, 2012 6:09:53 AM

Is the game patched?

Which drivers are you using?
m
0
l
April 16, 2012 8:11:43 AM

Yeah, I have all of the latest stuff patched, and all of my drivers are fully updated :s
m
0
l
Related resources
April 16, 2012 10:49:12 AM

Acrylik said:
Yeah, I have all of the latest stuff patched, and all of my drivers are fully updated :s

Try rolling back to a previous driver.
m
0
l
April 16, 2012 3:10:10 PM

Frame skips in deus ex (comes out looking like microstutters even though you're on a single card) are unavoidable on certain hardware. I have the exact same problem and the only method that I found to alleviate it to where it is absent from the game 90% of the time, was to turn up the pre-rendered frames in nvcp from default 3, to 5. This did more to smooth the game than anything else, but also some of the stutters seemed to be related to a poor implementation of DOF, which you can disable or set to a lower value in the in-game options.
m
0
l
April 16, 2012 9:46:46 PM

Even when I do all of that, I still get the same amount of stutters and stuff :\


It usually just happens when I turn corners in the game , if that's any help.
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 3:58:52 AM

Acrylik said:
Even when I do all of that, I still get the same amount of stutters and stuff :\

Including rolling back the driver?
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 4:04:37 AM

Gman450 said:
Including rolling back the driver?


This was an issue with nvidia cards from the 560ti to the 580. Never did find a driver that had any impact on it unfortunately.
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 4:07:01 AM

casualcolors said:
This was an issue with nvidia cards from the 560ti to the 580. Never did find a driver that had any impact on it unfortunately.

Yeah, I had heard of the stuttering problem with NVIDIA cards on this game.
Just trying to see if does make at least a little effect. :) 
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 4:11:57 AM

Gman450 said:
Yeah, I had heard of the stuttering problem with NVIDIA cards on this game.
Just trying to see if does make at least a little effect. :) 


Few things have ever actually pissed me off regarding gaming more than watching a perfectly good Deus Ex game literally be crippled by something as dumb as an inexplicable microstutter.
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 4:16:51 AM

casualcolors said:
Few things have ever actually pissed me off regarding gaming more than watching a perfectly good Deus Ex game literally be crippled by something as dumb as an inexplicable microstutter.

I did try playing Deus Ex: HR, but it was on my older video card (8400GS, yeah, not the type to game with...)
Although the graphics looked really outdated, the microstutter was just too much..
I have yet to start playing the game.
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 4:20:05 AM

I did force myself through the game and that's my main problem. It was actually good. fffffffffffff god dammit eidos.
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 4:29:45 AM

Which game engine were they using anyways?
m
0
l
April 17, 2012 12:34:40 PM

Gman450 said:
Which game engine were they using anyways?


They were using some in-house modified version of the Crystal Engine apparently.
m
0
l
!