Does not print blue, underlined links.....
I use only black and white.....and XP.
Can you tell me how to make it print those?
Thank you.
William B. Lurie

Check status of color ink cartridge.....
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"William B. Lurie" <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Does not print blue, underlined links.....
> I use only black and white.....and XP.
> Can you tell me how to make it print those?
> Thank you.
> William B. Lurie

Sorry, Cari, that isn't my problem.
Somewhere there is a way to tell it to print 'color'
images, and underbarred lines which reprtesent URLs,
in plain black and while, using the B/W cartridge....
I don't know if that's in XP, in Mozilla/Netscape,
or in the Lexmark Trouble Center........but I've
looked and haven't been able to find it.
WBL

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Check status of color ink cartridge.....

--
William B. Lurie

From which application are you actually printing?
--

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:

> From which application are you actually printing?
From Mozilla 1.7-RC, Mail & Newsgroups (as of like
right here and now). Thanks.

--
William B. Lurie

I don't use Mozilla (Outlook for Email and Outlook Express for Newsgroups)
but if there is no option to force this in Mozilla, then ensure you tell the
printer to print in GRAYSCALE.

William B. Lurie wrote:
> Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
>
>> From which application are you actually printing?
>
> From Mozilla 1.7-RC, Mail & Newsgroups (as of like
> right here and now). Thanks.

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:337:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS4987&relevance=1
< from that link, this; >
1. Click Start, Settings, Printers (Windows XP: Control Panel,
Printers and Faxes).
2. Right click on the Lexmark printer icon and select Properties.
3. Select the Printer Settings tab (Windows XP: click on the
Printing Preferences button) and click on the Change button.
4. Close the I Want To menu and select Print Color Images in Black
and White.
5. Click OK to confirm the new settings.
< noting "4." seems to address, at least in part, your first two posts >
hth - moz 1.6 here :)
--
www.mozilla.org

YYZ wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>
>> Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
>>
>>> From which application are you actually printing?
>>

>> From Mozilla 1.7-RC, Mail & Newsgroups (as of like
>> right here and now). Thanks.
>>

> http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:337:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS4987&relevance=1
>
> < from that link, this; >
> 1. Click Start, Settings, Printers (Windows XP: Control Panel,
> Printers and Faxes).
> 2. Right click on the Lexmark printer icon and select Properties.
> 3. Select the Printer Settings tab (Windows XP: click on the Printing
> Preferences button) and click on the Change button.
> 4. Close the I Want To menu and select Print Color Images in Black
> and White.
> 5. Click OK to confirm the new settings.
> < noting "4." seems to address, at least in part, your first two posts >
> hth - moz 1.6 here :)
Thank you very much. I thought I had done just that, before, and it
did the trick, but didn't "hold"......the box unchecked itself upon
closing and rebooting. This time maybe I followed your instructions
more carefully, because it held through two complete restarts.Maybe it's
solved. Ane thanks again.

--
William B. Lurie

vinCe

Hi,
What do you mean by black and white? Maybe your
printing properties/preferences was set to Black and
White images that is why the output was in black.

Good Day!