geezer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2002

Just wondering why the fax console which is part of xp
doesn't seem to be following the settings I have set in
the configuration. I want the monitor to pop up when a fax
is incoming and have set this in the properties under the
tracking tab. also to play a sound. when i receive a fax
neither of these things happen. any clues anyone as to why
this may be happening? Maybe the monitor does not pop up
automatically but thats what i was expecting or at least a
sound to be heard but neither occurs. yes the speakers are
on and volume up before you ask...
Thanks.

A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 if you notice this problem. The following
may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]