Can I play Borderlands on my laptop?

Shippo1992

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Here are the minimum requirements:

Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor with SSE2 support
Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 7 series or higher/Radeon HD3000 series or higher)
Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
Sound: Windows compatible sound card

And here are my laptop specifications (it's a Sony Vaio, by the way):

Processor: Intel Core i5 - 2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics: 3.2GB Video RAM (Nvidia Geforce 410M)

samueltruelove

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
I don't see info about a video card, but I think your laptop can play borderlands but yes, you shoudl be fine.

the game isnt too demanding, and while your system is no power house, its not weak either.

you should be able to play on high0ish settings with a steady frame rate.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

"Graphics: 3.2GB Video RAM (Nvidia Geforce 410M)"

There's the video card info.

I wouldn't call it a gaming laptop. The nVidia GeForce 410M is not that much more powerful than the Intel HD 3000. My laptop has the much more powerful GT 550M and while it can play games, I wouldn't exactly call it a "gaming laptop" either.

DM186

Splendid

Yeah you are right it isn't a gaming laptop. But after going through a few threads prier to this one and the OP's were asking the inpossible with their laptops and trying to help them and how late it was here.

I shouldn't have stated it that way but what I was thinking did not go the way I ment it. I was thinking this is the closest one so far tonight to a gaming laptop. Plus I am on all kinds of meds just to stay alive.

Pain meds as well so sometimes I think one way and it comes out another. But thanks for pointing it out to me I definitely don't want to give the wrong information or to make someone think thay have something when they don't.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I played Borderlands very well on a desktop with a Core 2 Duo e8400, 4GB RAM (DDR2 800) and an NVIDIA 9800gt 1GB.

The 9800 GT is way faster than the 410M (in benchmarks, over 2x) but your CPU and RAM will be a lot faster than mine, so maybe that will offset things a bit.

What i guess will happen is that you probably will be able to play it on a good resolution, but cut back on the visual effects.