I wish someone would help me

I am trying to get rid of the 'new hardware found wizard'
that pops up every time I start my computer. I have 2
printers. An Epson Color Stylus 880i and a Brother
MFC4600. They are both already installed and working fine
and I'm using win XP. How can I remove this key from the
registry
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\LPTENUM*
when 1. That's the name of the folder
2. The folder contains my other printer. Please do NOT
refer me to this article because I am following all the
steps in it:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298370
(The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device
After Every Restart of the Computer)

Can I disable plug & play as an alternative option? How?

Thanks for your help.
Rodney.
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Rodney,
    Go into DEVICE MANAGER and click on VIEW at the top. Click on "Show
    hidden devices". You may see the device that is trying to install at
    boot. Right-click on it and then UNINSTALL. That should fix your
    problem.

    --
    westeeles

Printers Windows XP