Silverado for US/C/A

G

Dear forum participants:

My name is George Schlomka, and I represent A Conto / Noisecontrol, who make the Silverado.

We will put up a shipping/payment schedule for non EU-residents to obtain the Silverado. For that purpose, we will have a small order page in English availabe by the beginning of next week. Patience! :)

There will be a corresponding link on our main page, www.noisecontrol.de

We think of offering a bundle of the Silverado with a NoVibes hard disk frame since we feel you would get a better deal considering freight - is that a good idea?
Would appreciate feedback here in the forum, or to my email at schlomka@noisecontrol.de.

Please understand if we are a bit slow in answering -overload!

And to answer one concern posted here:

There are no technical problems concerning oxidization/galvanics with the silver disc. While the silver will tarnish with time, this does not happen in the areas where the silver is covered by the CPU and the thermal compound. Also, the darkish silver oxide will form a barrier over the metal, thereby stopping further oxidization.

Yours

George Schlomka
A Conto GmbH

G

some questions:
1. I understand the silverado can work in 3 different voltages. what is the dB(A) and RPM for each?

2. in a different post, someone said that two different metals in contact with each other causes and "electronic potential" to be set up and one of the metals will begin to corrode (or pitting begins) - is this a problem?

3. What is going to be the price + shipping (in USD)?

4. Is it possible to send it to some more places for more reviews? (lord kryo - maybe write a full review on this one?)

Thanks,

G

Thanks for the info George. I did place an order through the German portion of your site today for shipment to the U.S. If it would be better for me to wait until you have your English/U.S. portion of the site up, I will be glad to alter my order.

Feel free to contact me through my forum email about this.

Patience? Oh man... time to work on those virtues again. :)

A scientist will never show any kindness for a theory which he did not start himself. – Mark Twain

G

Oh yeah, I think there may be some interest in the NoVibes hard drive frame bundle, but I have to say that my primary interest is in the Silverado.

Considering that the Silverado is already a fairly pricey heat sink (considering much of the competition) I think the majority of your purchasers from the U.S. are going to be enthusiasts (not budget buyers) that want the Silverado and are willing to pay for the shipping just for that item alone.

My 2 cents anyway. Other forum users feel free to correct my assumptions.

A scientist will never show any kindness for a theory which he did not start himself. – Mark Twain

G

We will offer some of our best products that you may bundle in a freight-optimized way. We will not force anybody to order things they don't need, of course.

The price including shipping and excluding any local customs/taxtes will be about 80$.

And with the price you may consider that at some point in the future, when the silverado has to go for a newer Processor + cooler, you will still be able to sell the silver disc at any pawn shop for propably around 10-15$...

Yours, George Schlomka, A Conto GmbH

G

I am also interested in gettting the blower unit from that heatsink. Or at least finding out the manufacturer and part number.

Oh, and 50 grams of silver has a spot value of 7.75 USD.