Processor problem?

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have a K6II 450. Can the system restart itself if the processor gets to hot? For some reason my system after in use for awhile it will restart it self in different spots for no reason. I thought it might be the CPU, the MOBO, or the Power supply. The case is brand new. Other then that I tried another mobo and it does the same. Only thing left is the processor! I am thinking maybe it doesn't have enough cooling and that is causing a problem!?!

If any one has any ideas, thank you!

Lars Coleman

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
What do you have for a HSF?
Do you have another power suppy you can try?
mbaha

"Work is the curse of the drinking class"

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Check the tempature too, dont want to burn your cpu while doing it...

"I left a track of posts, and lost track of time..." <font color=red><b>-RocKo</b></font color=red> :cool:

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
then what burns your cpu FRIED?....

"I left a track of posts, and lost track of time..." <font color=red><b>-RocKo</b></font color=red> :cool:

G

Oranges and apples but when setting up this celeron 600@927, I got the same thing happen. Just like pushing your reset button. I don't know why. I had my core v. set @1.65v instead of the 1.70v which is default, not enough voltage?. If it was a temp problem I wouldn't think your system would restart ok but rather freeze or not reboot when it tried. Finally I had my slotkett card jumper set to ppga instead of fc-pga. Is it possible you are running the same software program and it has a bug in it or some bad windows files? Maybe it is a ps problem and a low voltage supply,quick intermittent power break or too small wattage for system might cause a system reset. Anyone know about this, cause I don't want to mislead?