DirectX problems in World of Warcraft

Grinchey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hello all,

Ever since I bought WoW I have had a problem where if I play in the default API of DirectX 9, it do little mini stutters all the time, but if I play on DX11, it almost completely vanishes. The problem is kind of like a mini frame skip or hiccup. It is really weird. I just want to fix and figure out why the DX9 version of WoW gives my PC a hard time...

My specs are:

Windows 7 64-Bit
250GB Sata 7200RPM
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750
Core i5 2400k
J&W H61M-D3 Motherboard
620W Antec 620C PSU

What I have tried:

Changing all possible graphics settings in WoW while playing in DX9
Repairing WoW install
Defragmenting Hard Disk
Updating my DirectX and Video Drivers multiple times
Checked temperatures, no problems.

It would be great to find a solution to this, as it really bothers me when something that should be pretty easy to fix won't go away no matter what I try. I hope you guys can help me out here, I have been all over different tech sites with no solution as of yet :(

DM186

Splendid
It is called micro stutter and it mainly happen with two AMD cards but you only have one. So try putting in another card and see if you get the same stutter. Or try your card in someone eless rig.

Most people up grade to a different GPU or they turn back there drivers. Oh are your drivers up to date? How long has this been going on for?

Grinchey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
My drivers are the newest version, and I only noticed it when I got WoW approximately a month ago. I could possibly try my brothers card but he may not let me, so that would be my last resort :/

Grinchey

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I think I have found a solution to the problem, but I don't know how to pull it off. Firstly, I noticed that, while playing WoW, my Core i5 2400k @ 3.1GHZ was sitting at 1.6GHZ and fluctuating up and down (I believe this is a result of EIST), and I think it is supposed to be at 3.1GHZ while playing games. I decided to turn speedstep off in the BIOS, but it still fluctuates from 1.6-3.1 clock speeds, which basically is showing me that SpeedStep feature is still enabled somehow. I didn't know that was possible especially after disabling it completely in the BIOS. So how do I completely turn this CPU feature off?

DM186

Splendid

^^ After reading this I am kinda leaning toward that you have a heat problem. The reason I say this is because your CPU keeps throttling down. So are you checking your temps? If so what program are you using?

If you are not using a program just let us know and we can link you to them. What is EIST? I have never herd of it before. When you disabled it in the bios did you hit the save and exit button?

If you did then it is disabled and the up and down thing could be a heat issue. Just double check it in the bios and then make sure you saved it then exit the bios.