printer handle invalid

I have an hp 2210 all-in-one USB connection that has
worked fine for 8 months. I found the printer was no
longer recognized and, after attempting to
uninstall/reinstall the print driver software I get a
message that the printer handel is invalid. What does this
mean (these error messages never tell you how to fix
them!)? I can get the printer to print from a driver that
is in Windows XP but it is for a business 2200 and I have
lost photo printing controls with this driver. So the
printer works, but the machine tells me the handle is
invalid.... any one else have this happen?
2 answers Last reply
More about printer handle invalid

    There is a newer driver on the HP web site, also patches.
    http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Ken Barczi" <j.barczi@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I have an hp 2210 all-in-one USB connection that has
    > worked fine for 8 months. I found the printer was no
    > longer recognized and, after attempting to
    > uninstall/reinstall the print driver software I get a
    > message that the printer handel is invalid. What does this
    > mean (these error messages never tell you how to fix
    > them!)? I can get the printer to print from a driver that
    > is in Windows XP but it is for a business 2200 and I have
    > lost photo printing controls with this driver. So the
    > printer works, but the machine tells me the handle is
    > invalid.... any one else have this happen?

    downloaded the latest driver pac. My problem occurs
    during the driver installation process when I am told to
    connect the USB device (my hp psc 2110 printer). At this
    poiont I am told the printer failed because the handle is
    invalid. How do I get a valid handle?

Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP