printer handle invalid

I have an hp 2210 all-in-one USB connection that has
worked fine for 8 months. I found the printer was no
longer recognized and, after attempting to
uninstall/reinstall the print driver software I get a
message that the printer handel is invalid. What does this
mean (these error messages never tell you how to fix
them!)? I can get the printer to print from a driver that
is in Windows XP but it is for a business 2200 and I have
lost photo printing controls with this driver. So the
printer works, but the machine tells me the handle is
invalid.... any one else have this happen?

There is a newer driver on the HP web site, also patches.
http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Ken Barczi" <j.barczi@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have an hp 2210 all-in-one USB connection that has
> worked fine for 8 months. I found the printer was no
> longer recognized and, after attempting to
> uninstall/reinstall the print driver software I get a
> message that the printer handel is invalid. What does this
> mean (these error messages never tell you how to fix
> them!)? I can get the printer to print from a driver that
> is in Windows XP but it is for a business 2200 and I have
> lost photo printing controls with this driver. So the
> printer works, but the machine tells me the handle is
> invalid.... any one else have this happen?

downloaded the latest driver pac. My problem occurs
during the driver installation process when I am told to
connect the USB device (my hp psc 2110 printer). At this
poiont I am told the printer failed because the handle is
invalid. How do I get a valid handle?