  • Consoles
  • Monitors
  • Windows XP
May 13, 2004 8:12:11 PM

I was one of those people whose fax monitor quit working,
even though the underlying fax console, in windows xp,
continued to work. Once I uninstalled my McAfee privacy
service (leaving the firewall and virus protection in
place) the fax monitor began working again.

More about : fax console monitor problem

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 13, 2004 11:12:59 PM

Do you know if McAfee has acknowledged this problem yet? Others are
reporting it as well and it is quite consistent with the behavior we see
with Norton's Internet Security:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6d...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was one of those people whose fax monitor quit working,
> even though the underlying fax console, in windows xp,
> continued to work. Once I uninstalled my McAfee privacy
> service (leaving the firewall and virus protection in
> place) the fax monitor began working again.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 24, 2004 11:21:05 AM

Russ,
As far as I know, I don't believe Mcafee is aware of this problem. I had searched their website a few weeks back when I was experiencing this same problem and did not find anything on their site referring to this issue. When I get a chance, I will email them regarding Privacy Service interfering with the fax monitor.

Jill

----- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote: -----

Do you know if McAfee has acknowledged this problem yet? Others are
reporting it as well and it is quite consistent with the behavior we see
with Norton's Internet Security:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6d...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was one of those people whose fax monitor quit working,
> even though the underlying fax console, in windows xp,
> continued to work. Once I uninstalled my McAfee privacy
> service (leaving the firewall and virus protection in
> place) the fax monitor began working again.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 24, 2004 9:08:07 PM

I appreciate the update.