XP fax console monitor problem

I was one of those people whose fax monitor quit working,
even though the underlying fax console, in windows xp,
continued to work. Once I uninstalled my McAfee privacy
service (leaving the firewall and virus protection in
place) the fax monitor began working again.
3 answers Last reply
More about console monitor problem

    Do you know if McAfee has acknowledged this problem yet? Others are
    reporting it as well and it is quite consistent with the behavior we see
    with Norton's Internet Security:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I was one of those people whose fax monitor quit working,
    > even though the underlying fax console, in windows xp,
    > continued to work. Once I uninstalled my McAfee privacy
    > service (leaving the firewall and virus protection in
    > place) the fax monitor began working again.

    Russ,
    As far as I know, I don't believe Mcafee is aware of this problem. I had searched their website a few weeks back when I was experiencing this same problem and did not find anything on their site referring to this issue. When I get a chance, I will email them regarding Privacy Service interfering with the fax monitor.

    Jill

    ----- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote: -----

    Do you know if McAfee has acknowledged this problem yet? Others are
    reporting it as well and it is quite consistent with the behavior we see
    with Norton's Internet Security:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I was one of those people whose fax monitor quit working,
    > even though the underlying fax console, in windows xp,
    > continued to work. Once I uninstalled my McAfee privacy
    > service (leaving the firewall and virus protection in
    > place) the fax monitor began working again.

    I appreciate the update.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Jilljeanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Russ,
    > As far as I know, I don't believe Mcafee is aware of this problem. I had
    searched their website a few weeks back when I was experiencing this same
    problem and did not find anything on their site referring to this issue.
    When I get a chance, I will email them regarding Privacy Service interfering
    with the fax monitor.

    > Jill
    >
    > ----- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote: -----
    >
    > Do you know if McAfee has acknowledged this problem yet? Others are
    > reporting it as well and it is quite consistent with the behavior we
    see
    > with Norton's Internet Security:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    >
    > "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I was one of those people whose fax monitor quit working,
    > > even though the underlying fax console, in windows xp,
    > > continued to work. Once I uninstalled my McAfee privacy
    > > service (leaving the firewall and virus protection in
    > > place) the fax monitor began working again.

Fax Consoles Monitors Windows XP