Strateg guides, walk throughs, secrets or cheats.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I was wondering if anyone can recommend any sites that have strategy guides or walkthroughs. I've seen a larger site that sells them digitally.

Any genre. Any console.

Any sites with older console or PC game guides, walk throughs, secrets or cheats, etc?

I have seen a few wikis that have photos and icons to explain things. But are there any out there with detailed maps and photos like the old game guides use to have?

Solution
Gamefaqs.com among the best sources for walkthroughs

if you're looking for in depth mechanics explanation or perhaps how to improve your competitive skills, then look for community resource websites and wikis, so basically:

gamefaqs.com, $0, for everything else there's google. :)
Gamefaqs.com among the best sources for walkthroughs

if you're looking for in depth mechanics explanation or perhaps how to improve your competitive skills, then look for community resource websites and wikis, so basically:

gamefaqs.com, $0, for everything else there's google. :)

Solution

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If you want specific guides like frame-data for fighting games, then you pretty much have to wait for it to be copied on a website from a Brady Games guide, or buy the guide itself.

If you just want general walkthroughs for rpgs and such, googling X-Game-Walkthrough or whatever will probably be the best option. Never know what kind of niche fan-sites you might come across that have great guides, as well as the obvious big name sites like IGN.