Toggle aim down sight and settings questions

Scooby2867

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hey guys i was wondering which one you guys feel is better to toggle aim down sights or to hold to aim down sights? also is it true that alot of pro gamers run their games on the lowest settings on pc to have an advantage over the other team?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Sometimes they lower settings that volumize smoke and such, but that's the limit. You can't use command-line graphic reduction in most leagues. They still don't reduce graphics globally because some settings help character contrast vs. background etc. I prefer toggle for aiming down sights. I vastly prefer it.

i tend not to toggle. it doesnt really make any difference.
as for running the games on lowest settings well it depends. if a game sends a set amount of packets per second then any fps over the amount of packets wont give you any improvements in gameplay. but if you play a game like cs which ties its packet data to the fps then it can bring huge advantages as you may send as many as 200 packets if you can get up to 200 fps.... yu will never really see more than what the screen throws up which is normaly 60 fps regardless of howmany fps the gfx is producing. but the extra packet data means your game is updating quicker giving you the advantage over the other guy...
on todays games most use a set amount of packets per second so if you run 100 fps you will get no advantage over sum1 running at 60... as the game will only send 60 regardless of the fps...

heids24

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
I don't like toggling for ADS. I'm much more comfortable just holding the RMB and releasing when done since I'm usually never aiming down sight for more than a second or two (seems more responsive this way for me). I do like toggle for crouch though as I crouch for much longer durations (several seconds).

I'm not a pro gamer so I can't contribute to your second question. Personally, I have all my graphics turned up to max if possible. I love the eye-candy and would rather play the game the way the developers intended it to be played than get a slight edge in a shoot-out with someone else.

TRENDING THREADS