Dissapearing printer... can't get it back

Yea, the subject says it all. One day, my printer just
dissapeared, and Windows says that I don't have one
anymore. Whenever I try to use the 'Add Printer' wizard,
it gives me a 'Operation could not be completed' error.
I have Administrative access rights, and I've tried
starting the spooler up mulitple times, but it just gives
me the same message, almost like the Add Printer Wizard
has been deleted off the PC (My PC has been known to
spontaneously delete things, for no reason I can find).
If this is the case, is there any way to get it back,
short of formatting and re-installing? Thank you in
advance for any assitance.

Run a System File Check

From the command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow