Fake 3DMark2000 scores

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ok I was looking on MadOnion's site at the top performer's and saw this <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/products/orb/?publish_compare.shtml?&project_type=1&dprid=824504&search=1" target="_new">http://gamershq.madonion.com/products/orb/?publish_compare.shtml?&project_type=1&dprid=824504&search=1</A> a K6-2 at 1800MHz!?! a GF2 MX!?! 128MB RAM!?! Get the f*ck outta here!!! no wonder these guys get scores of 13000 they're cheating. There aint no friggin way a K6-2 will do that. If so I want to know what kind of sh!t he's doing.

<font color=blue>"Mind of a mime makes a moogie" -The Joker</font color=blue>

G

I read this somewhere but have never done it. There are two ways. One if you have a program that can change your cpu speed. I think the way is to lower it, open 3dmark2000 and then up the speed. Then when 3Dmark benches your pc it thinks it is a - say 400 but it's really running at 800 (3dmark will register your PC as 800 + 400 or 1200 I think). So for every 1 calculation of 3dmark your pc does 2. That'll sure speed up your scores. The other is to somehow change your registry, don't know any more details then that.

The obvious way to tell the scores are fake is to look at the polygon scores - they are incredibly large. (Oh yeah and by the way <i>please</i> <b>do not</b> post fake scores if you do it. It is unfair to those really trying to tweak)

At bus stations, busses stop. At train stations, trains stop. My desk has a work station. GO FIGURE!

McEwin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thats where your wong. In England they are Railway stations. (not train stations) and secondly at workstations work stops! (you always end up playing games and doing other stuff!

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Um photoshop maybe? If it looks like a normal screen shot then its probably a normal screen shot, regardless of what photoshop did to it. If it looks like a duck, shoot it....leave questions for later.

If its tourist season, why can't we shot them? :lol:

G

Anyone want to email the guy and ask him? It could be a misread Tbird but probably some sort of hack. Anyway, with a name like MCSuka, I'm betting on the latter..