EQ2 Whine

Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting reds,
doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at level 16....
......and, I not only havent I found an electrum cluster...I can only
barely find rocks to mine.
Mining skill....35.
Looking everywhere but the right place....
I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
not fun anymore.
Tips?

Storm
Permafrost

More about whine

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:20:46 -0500, "Storm" <not@all.here> wrote:

    >Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting reds,
    >doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at level 16....
    >.....and, I not only havent I found an electrum cluster...I can only
    >barely find rocks to mine.
    >Mining skill....35.
    >Looking everywhere but the right place....
    >I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
    >not fun anymore.
    >Tips?

    Called something like "Windwashed sandstone". In Antonica and
    something similar in Commonlands. You won't find electrum in the
    little newbie yards around the city, you have to go into the "big boy
    lands" outside the city. ;) All the newbie areas only have tier 1
    resources, and electrum is tier 2.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

    "Storm" <not@all.here> wrote in message news:42125a3e$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting
    > reds,
    > doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at level 16....
    > .....and, I not only havent I found an electrum cluster...I can only
    > barely find rocks to mine.
    > Mining skill....35.
    > Looking everywhere but the right place....
    > I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
    > not fun anymore.
    > Tips?
    >
    > Storm
    > Permafrost
    Should be rocks north of fippy's hill and in the valley north of the mender.

    Heckyoubus - 20 Illusionist
    Permafrost

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:20:46 -0500, "Storm" <not@all.here>
    wrotC:DRIVE_E

    >Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting reds,
    >doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at level 16....
    >.....and, I not only havent I found an electrum cluster...I can only
    >barely find rocks to mine.
    >Mining skill....35.
    >Looking everywhere but the right place....
    >I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
    >not fun anymore.
    >Tips?

    Don't look just for rocks. Powerclear. Find an area with a high
    density of resource nodes and harvest EVERYTHING. This forces new
    nodes to spawn.
    Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
    "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
    once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
    http://www.mrlizard.com

    "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

    > "Storm" <not@all.here> wrote in message news:42125a3e$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    >> Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting
    >> reds,
    >> doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at level 16....
    >> .....and, I not only havent I found an electrum cluster...I can only
    >> barely find rocks to mine.
    >> Mining skill....35.
    >> Looking everywhere but the right place....
    >> I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
    >> not fun anymore.
    >> Tips?
    >>
    >> Storm
    >> Permafrost
    > Should be rocks north of fippy's hill and in the valley north of the
    > mender.
    >
    > Heckyoubus - 20 Illusionist
    > Permafrost
    South of the mender i mean - my bad.

    Storm wrote:
    > Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting
    reds,
    > doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at level
    16....
    > .....and, I not only havent I found an electrum cluster...I can only
    > barely find rocks to mine.
    > Mining skill....35.
    > Looking everywhere but the right place....
    > I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
    > not fun anymore.
    > Tips?

    Assuming you are Qeynos based the best place I've found at your level
    is the north shore of Antonica. Just go to the Oracle Tower and run
    along the coast in an eastern direction harvesting everything you see.
    Once you reach the mountains simply run back westerly harvesting all
    the respawns. Repeat until you get bored or run out of inventory space.

    Few people go there so it generally empty and full of nodes. Only
    problem I see is that at your level the mobs might be frightening as
    this is also the highest level area of Antonica.

    >Go fishing, nodes tend to end up being fish, as nobody bothers with
    them.
    >Seriously, you can raise your fishing skill super fast, and respawn
    >boatloads of nodes. I do this every once in a while, clear out 40 or
    50
    >fish nodes, then go out harvesting again.

    You know I think I've only ever seen one person fish. Who ever thought
    fishing and RPGs were a good things needs to be shot. Fishing boring
    enough in RL why on earth would I want to do it in a RPG? And why do so
    many RPGs have fishing elements?!!

    *ok calm down now*

    >No more boring than harvesting any other nodes in EQ2...

    Probably not but its just....fishing....and fishing is...., well i
    think you what I think of fishing

    Grumble Grumble.
    Spent many hours doing this quest.
    Many deaths, a few learning experiences.
    and
    and
    I get a corny thing to hang in my house.
    Grumble...

    Working on gathering resources.
    Finally started selling stuff in the market place.
    Made like 2 gold.
    Is there a list somewhere, or what level a resource is?
    What is considered a rare, etc?

    Storm

    "Storm" <not@all.here> wrote in message news:42125a3e$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting
    > reds,
    > doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at level 16....
    > .....and, I not only havent I found an electrum cluster...I can only
    > barely find rocks to mine.
    > Mining skill....35.
    > Looking everywhere but the right place....
    > I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
    > not fun anymore.
    > Tips?
    >
    > Storm
    > Permafrost

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:47:34 -0500, "Storm" <not@all.here> wrote:
    <snip>
    >Grumble Grumble.
    >Spent many hours doing this quest.
    >Many deaths, a few learning experiences.
    >and
    >and
    >I get a corny thing to hang in my house.
    >Grumble...
    >
    >Working on gathering resources.
    >Finally started selling stuff in the market place.
    >Made like 2 gold.
    >Is there a list somewhere, or what level a resource is?
    >What is considered a rare, etc?
    Here is a list of rare (and common) resources for each tier.
    http://eq2-artisan.com/harvest1.php

    --
    Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Test
    Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Test

    Wulfbones

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:51:24 -0500, Lizard wrote:

    >Don't look just for rocks. Powerclear. Find an area with a high
    >density of resource nodes and harvest EVERYTHING. This forces new
    >nodes to spawn.

    Which you can then come and harvest while the rest of are busy clearing the
    fields of fungi and shrubs? Nice try! ;-)

    Seriously, I did use to do as you suggest, but because I was the only one
    doing it, all I got out of it was an overrunning inventory. If you don't
    focus on the valuable stuff, somebody else will likely beat you to it. Of
    course, if I find an isolated spot during the quiet hours, I do it, but as
    soon as I see somebody else running around I change my strategy.
    --
    Henrik Dissing
    Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

    Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in

    > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:20:46 -0500, "Storm" <not@all.here>
    > wrotC:DRIVE_E
    >
    >>Ok, I have spent two days now, harvesting, gathering, mining, meeting
    >>reds, doing shard runs, and finding out where I dont want to be at
    >>level 16.... .....and, I not only havent I found an electrum
    >>cluster...I can only barely find rocks to mine.
    >>Mining skill....35.
    >>Looking everywhere but the right place....
    >>I dont mind working for it, dont get me wrong, but, phhht...this is
    >>not fun anymore.
    >>Tips?
    >>

    > Don't look just for rocks. Powerclear. Find an area with a high
    > density of resource nodes and harvest EVERYTHING. This forces new
    > nodes to spawn.

    Go fishing, nodes tend to end up being fish, as nobody bothers with them.
    Seriously, you can raise your fishing skill super fast, and respawn
    boatloads of nodes. I do this every once in a while, clear out 40 or 50
    fish nodes, then go out harvesting again.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 25 Dwarven Mystic, 22 Sage
    Aviv, 12 Gnome Brawler, 23 Provisioner

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in

    >>Go fishing, nodes tend to end up being fish, as nobody bothers with
    >>them. Seriously, you can raise your fishing skill super fast, and
    >>respawn boatloads of nodes. I do this every once in a while, clear out
    >>40 or 50 fish nodes, then go out harvesting again.
    >
    > You know I think I've only ever seen one person fish. Who ever thought
    > fishing and RPGs were a good things needs to be shot. Fishing boring
    > enough in RL why on earth would I want to do it in a RPG? And why do so
    > many RPGs have fishing elements?!!
    >
    > *ok calm down now*

    No more boring than harvesting any other nodes in EQ2...

    In EQ1 it was actually kind of nice as something to do while I medded up
    back when that was an issue...

    --

    On 17 Feb 2005 08:00:53 -0800, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >>Go fishing, nodes tend to end up being fish, as nobody bothers with
    >them.
    >>Seriously, you can raise your fishing skill super fast, and respawn
    >>boatloads of nodes. I do this every once in a while, clear out 40 or
    >50
    >>fish nodes, then go out harvesting again.
    >
    >You know I think I've only ever seen one person fish. Who ever thought
    >fishing and RPGs were a good things needs to be shot. Fishing boring
    >enough in RL why on earth would I want to do it in a RPG? And why do so
    >many RPGs have fishing elements?!!
    >
    >*ok calm down now*

    Well not completly useless,my Enchanter fished a lot while training
    magical skills(Evocation),easy food and weapons for pet.

    Melchord 31 Enchanter

Video Games