Network Printing?

I have networked my Desk top (Computer A Host) to my Laptop (Computer B). I am able to ping between the 2.

I have Norton Antivirus set up on both A & B and have AVG on Computer B and ZoneAlarm on Computer A.

I am able to print from computer A with no problems. However, in order to print from computer B, I must disable norton, avg, and zonealarm from both computers.

Is there anything I can do so that I do not have to keep disableing these in order to print?

Thanks for any help given.
2 answers Last reply
More about network printing

    NAV and AVG should NOT interfere with File and Print Sharing. As for
    ZoneAlarm, you can reconfigure it to allow the notebook PC access to the
    desktop PC.

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com
    "Sherri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have networked my Desk top (Computer A Host) to my Laptop (Computer B). I
    >am able to ping between the 2.
    >
    > I have Norton Antivirus set up on both A & B and have AVG on Computer B
    > and ZoneAlarm on Computer A.
    >
    > I am able to print from computer A with no problems. However, in order to
    > print from computer B, I must disable norton, avg, and zonealarm from both
    > computers.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do so that I do not have to keep disableing these
    > in order to print?
    >
    > Thanks for any help given.

    Thank you. I went to the practicallynetworking site and it was VERY helpful and easy to understand and follow. I would recommend that to anyone having any difficulties.

    ----- Cari (MS-MVP) wrote: -----

    NAV and AVG should NOT interfere with File and Print Sharing. As for
    ZoneAlarm, you can reconfigure it to allow the notebook PC access to the
    desktop PC.

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com
    "Sherri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have networked my Desk top (Computer A Host) to my Laptop (Computer B). I
    >am able to ping between the 2.
    >> I have Norton Antivirus set up on both A & B and have AVG on Computer B
    > and ZoneAlarm on Computer A.
    >> I am able to print from computer A with no problems. However, in order to
    > print from computer B, I must disable norton, avg, and zonealarm from both
    > computers.
    >> Is there anything I can do so that I do not have to keep disableing these
    > in order to print?
    >> Thanks for any help given.

Norton Computers Microsoft Windows XP