printing with Brother hl 1050

Hi

I am printing to a Brother HL 1050 from xp but it is never
quite right spurious characters are appearing everywherem
graphics are hopeless. I upgraded from 2000, other laser I
have HP LJ4 will not print from XP at all. Brother says it
is compatible but dont understand why it causes so many
problems with xp
1 answer Last reply
More about printing brother 1050

    Probably if you kept it connected during the upgrade the drivers became
    corrupted.

    Uninstall and reinstall using the instructions at:

    After the reboot, you'll need to use the Add Printer Wizard to install the
    printer... the drivers are built into XP. Brother does not support using
    the Windows 2000 drivers from their website, and I'm thinking along the
    lines that you still have them installed which is causing the problem.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com
    "Ian" <itwalker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I am printing to a Brother HL 1050 from xp but it is never
    > quite right spurious characters are appearing everywherem
    > graphics are hopeless. I upgraded from 2000, other laser I
    > have HP LJ4 will not print from XP at all. Brother says it
    > is compatible but dont understand why it causes so many
    > problems with xp

Brother Windows XP