Sign in with
Your question

Game Cube Component Cables

Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2012 4:33:32 AM

I was recently playing my gamecube when I noticed a digital out port on the back. I read about them giving out component video any idea where I could find these cables I've already tried ebay and i'm not willing to pay $80 for a cable if you know of a cheaper place to get these that would be great!
April 20, 2012 6:53:05 PM

try gamestop they sell used cables and controllers ...well in my city they do ..
April 20, 2012 7:26:30 PM

They're pretty rare since nintendo dropped use of the digital port on newer versions of the gamecube they never produced that many of the leads, also finding an aftermarket cable would be pretty hard if not impossible due to the fact that its not just a standard passive cable but also containing active components.

Here's some additional info on the connector:
http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:nintendodigitalav
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 23, 2012 2:45:54 AM

Thanks but it doesn't appear to be at game stop any other ideas
April 23, 2012 11:37:42 AM

I took a look around the internet for you and didn't really find anything better than what you found on ebay. You can get them on Amazon for about $40.00.

FYI - Wii component cable will not work, and the N64 doesn't support component video.
April 23, 2012 1:19:02 PM

question ..why even play the gamecube at all ? lol ..mine is a door-holder at the storage room lol ...i think i bought one used to play the the xmen fighting game lol and soulcalibur with link ,..lol ...i think if donating it to the goodwill store for some income deduction for next year ..
April 23, 2012 6:54:34 PM

The component cables are pretty rare these days, and the prices are pretty outrageous. Kinda pisses me off I had it once, but when I sold my original GC I let the cables go with it. Now that I have bought another GC I am relegated to using the S-Video connection, since I cannot justify $80 for a cord. S-Video's quality is not that much worse than Component though, the only downside is having to use 4x3 aspect ratio.
April 24, 2012 5:04:08 AM

Thanks I'll check out amazon
April 24, 2012 1:43:51 PM

rglaredo said:
question ..why even play the gamecube at all ? lol ..mine is a door-holder at the storage room lol ...i think i bought one used to play the the xmen fighting game lol and soulcalibur with link ,..lol ...i think if donating it to the goodwill store for some income deduction for next year ..

Some of us like playing old games on old hardware. Others can't afford a Wii to play their gamecube games. One of my favorite games is PSOv2++. I have tried it on the Wii and like it better on the GC.
April 26, 2012 8:27:52 PM

rglaredo said:

There is nothing like going back and playing the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition all over again :) 
April 27, 2012 3:32:41 AM

Exactly, now you can see why I want these cable so bad
May 1, 2012 4:29:41 PM

Long live Zelda!!!!

can i get best answer now? lol ...just kidding !!!
May 1, 2012 4:49:46 PM

rglaredo said:
Long live Zelda!!!!

Legend of Zelda FTW!!! Some of the best games of all time :) 
June 12, 2012 3:34:53 AM

would you answer my question and stop talking about zelda
June 13, 2012 12:24:38 PM

What answer would you like? We have all given you the best ideas. Sadly, the gamecube is outdated and the cables are hard to come by.
June 15, 2012 4:08:01 AM

alright, Ill see if I can get some $ and get one off ebay, also could you try to help me on my other threads
!