Game Cube Component Cables

help me_83

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
I was recently playing my gamecube when I noticed a digital out port on the back. I read about them giving out component video any idea where I could find these cables I've already tried ebay and i'm not willing to pay $80 for a cable if you know of a cheaper place to get these that would be great!

hairystuff

Distinguished
They're pretty rare since nintendo dropped use of the digital port on newer versions of the gamecube they never produced that many of the leads, also finding an aftermarket cable would be pretty hard if not impossible due to the fact that its not just a standard passive cable but also containing active components.

Here's some additional info on the connector:
http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:nintendodigitalav

rpg_poser

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
I took a look around the internet for you and didn't really find anything better than what you found on ebay. You can get them on Amazon for about $40.00.

FYI - Wii component cable will not work, and the N64 doesn't support component video.

rglaredo

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
question ..why even play the gamecube at all ? lol ..mine is a door-holder at the storage room lol ...i think i bought one used to play the the xmen fighting game lol and soulcalibur with link ,..lol ...i think if donating it to the goodwill store for some income deduction for next year ..

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
The component cables are pretty rare these days, and the prices are pretty outrageous. Kinda pisses me off I had it once, but when I sold my original GC I let the cables go with it. Now that I have bought another GC I am relegated to using the S-Video connection, since I cannot justify $80 for a cord. S-Video's quality is not that much worse than Component though, the only downside is having to use 4x3 aspect ratio.

rpg_poser

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012

Some of us like playing old games on old hardware. Others can't afford a Wii to play their gamecube games. One of my favorite games is PSOv2++. I have tried it on the Wii and like it better on the GC.

Robopolo

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012

There is nothing like going back and playing the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition all over again :)