Identifying what type of TBird 1.2GHz you have

G

Can one identify from an application or even the BIOS what FSB the 1.2GHz Athlon runs at. I have purchased one but suspect it might only be 100FSB. Tx

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if you bought a "b" tb , then it runs at 100,

if you bought a "c", then it runs at 133.

These speeds are doubled using the ev6 bus so the busses appear (and do) run at 200 and 266 respectively.

Don't worry if you bought a "b" chip.
All you have to do is unlock the processor, lower the multiplier and raise the cpu bus to 133.

I did with my tb 800 -> 933 (7.0x133) on kt7a-raid board, and it works fine.

Oh, by the way, either look in the bios for the fsb, or get the free program cpuid or wcpuid (i forget what it's called), just do a search for it on the net.

hope that helps

I wish I had a signature.

G

Will get free util and try!!! What's your take on the KT7A? I am overly impressed - lots of people have had problems with it but I have had none till now!!!

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
no probs with my kt7a...

i'm very pleased with it's performance...

now i just need another hd to set up raid :)

I wish I had a signature.

G

I would also check your L1 bridges. I would bet they are closed, as are all that I have seen and owned are not locked "B" or "C' is found as the last letter on the core. In my case it was unlocked.

Try USER DEFINE in teh soft menu3 of the A-raid. 10x mult
133/33FSB, +7 (work up from there if you boot, but that's 1.4) HOST CLOCK the ram at that setting (bottom choice) Vcore 8.0-8.25 for that low- as you go over 10 with the +fsb raise it to 8.5, i/o 3.7. Strength3 and all enabled. Print this...you'll see what I mean!

May the force be with you!

Screw the risks! -Street
-AMD 1470Mhz-Abit KT7A-Raid-256Mushrev3-Fop38