HP printer software & Visioneer 9220

Have HP Photosmart 7550 printer. By itself, it works
fine. When I install my Visioneer 9220 scanner, it blacks
out the Photo Album Printing portion of the printers
software. Everything still works except for this portion.
System is XP. Compaq PC. Tile system is NTFS. Scanner
software is XP certified and the disk is the same as that
on the website. Tried both. Contacted HP and they said
the problem was with the scanner. Visioneer has poor
product support website and wasn't any help. If I
unistall the scanner, the problem with the printer
software is still there. If I unistall/install the
printer the problem is still there. The only way I have
been able to fix the problem is to reformat and reinstall
XP but once the scanner is installed the problem is there.

Are these both USB devices?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com