University of WA study shows flag flyers are more racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me really angry ... along with a lot of my coworkers today.

We all have flags on our cars this week and none of us are racist.

This says more about UWA anthropology than it does about anything else.

Its crap ... like the research graduates that tired old dog pumps out each year.

Their library is even seconf rate compared to Murdoch and Curtin now.

ECU has better research programs.

Just picked up three kids from Rockingham beach who I dropped there earlier for a swim.

10 Maori guys started a fight with 5 Aussies down there and the police had to be called ... one guy pretty hurt.

Idiots.

I'd say a mix of alcohol and bad manners.

I played enough rugby against the Maoris to well remember to treat them with courtesy when their drunk ... alas the other drunken aussies probably didn't play much rugby.

I have Maori friends and they are normally very happy people ...

I was just glad to get the kids back in one piece as the son's 16YO GF was with them.

Pity.

The Progressive establishment did/has done/continues to do the same thing in the United States regarding the Gadsen Flag and the Confederate Flag.

The thrust is expressed perfectly by Professor Fozdar...
"But there is a place for more public education about the value of diversity to Australia to encourage people to feel more positive about that diversity."
...in that patriotic flag flying Aussies need to embrace diversity and indirectly become less patriotic in order to make those who are insulted feel more comfortable. So, rather than incorporating the affected groups into becoming prouder, more patriotic Aussies, and educating them to embrace the Aussie flag as a symbol of their own patriotism, it is easier to demonize those that fly the flag as racist.

Let your flag fly high and proud! Make no excuses for being patriotic. Only the ignorant believe that flying your nation's flag is a symbol of racism.

Yes well a lot of people didn't put flags on their cars and those who did took most of them off the following day.

Last year many left of the flags on their cars for weeks afterwards.

This article has damaged things here ... It certainly hasn't done anything positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.