EQ1 Anyone actually like the new bazaar?

For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.

Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
vid card with 256MB memory.
14 answers Last reply
More about bazaar

    "KDragon" <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >
    > Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I guess I can't
    > even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or another new game I might
    > like. It's not as if my system can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB
    > memory and an FX5950 vid card with 256MB memory.

    What was the purpose of Sony changing the Bazaar? Lag? Since WoW and EQII,
    lag hasn't really presented itself as a problem.

    Change for the sake of change friggin bites the big one!

    There's so many other things Sony could have worked on besides a "new and
    improved" bazaar!

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:02:23 -0500, KDragon
    <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote:

    >For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >
    >Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
    >guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
    >another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
    >can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
    >vid card with 256MB memory.

    I like it. I was confused at first when I logged into the bazaar.
    But, I just pulled up /baz, searched for a common item and hit "Find
    Trader." The trail led me to the teleport thingy and then, studying
    the map, it will became much clearer.

    Not sure what to say about your performance issues. I have a much
    lesser machine and didn't notice any problems.
    --
    Elder Lizsolo Spiritmaster - 66 Beastlord
    Baron Darkensolo - 65 Cleric

    A: Top Posters
    Q: What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:49:40 +0000 (UTC), Hughie MacAngus <hughie-200502@grfb.com> wrote:

    > I ran down to lavastorm. Nobody in the good camp would talk to me,
    > but I could open the screen from the rewards vendor. None seemed
    > to give a faction quest to let me talk to the others. And the evil camp
    > just tried to kill me straight away. So I went to bed. Maybe I'll see some
    > dragons tomorrow (or at least get a camp to talk to me).

    Just walk out in the middle of the zone and wait for a few minutes. You'll see a really
    cool dragon soon enough. :->

    http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=17445

    Best regards,

    Tim ==
    (substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
    _________________

    Seeq Endestroi
    Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

    Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions - a Rathe Guild
    http://www.gravewisdom.com

    Darkensolo wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:02:23 -0500, KDragon
    > <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote:
    >

    >>For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >>
    >>Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
    >>guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
    >>another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
    >>can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
    >>vid card with 256MB memory.
    >

    > I like it. I was confused at first when I logged into the bazaar.
    > But, I just pulled up /baz, searched for a common item and hit "Find
    > Trader." The trail led me to the teleport thingy and then, studying
    > the map, it will became much clearer.
    >
    > Not sure what to say about your performance issues. I have a much
    > lesser machine and didn't notice any problems.

    Several guildmates seem to have the same problem as I do.
    Stuttering graphics, big lag, etc. As several here have
    said, some with much lesser machines have no problems at all
    and this appears to be the general case within the guild as
    well. The only common denominator I can see so far, is that
    it's the high end machines with this symptom. I thought
    maybe it was nVIDIA drivers, but a few ATI people have it as
    well. I remember some lag issues after OoW went live which
    disappeared within a few patches. Hope the same happens with
    this expansion. As for the cause, who knows, it is only an
    issue in EQ1, no other games or programs show any problems
    at all. I reloaded both the drivers (66.93) and DirectX
    9.0c, but no joy.

    Time to take the kids skating :-)

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:02:23 -0500 in
    <KQxQd.6421$dZ.345490@news20.bellglobal.com>, KDragon
    <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> graced the world with this thought:

    >For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >
    >Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
    >guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
    >another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
    >can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
    >vid card with 256MB memory.

    No it isn't your system as far as you've quoted, however, since
    there's plenty of people playing with no real hassle that own lesser
    systems... it's your system

    "bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:02:23 -0500 in
    > <KQxQd.6421$dZ.345490@news20.bellglobal.com>, KDragon
    > <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> graced the world with this thought:
    >
    >>For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >>
    >>Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
    >>guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
    >>another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
    >>can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
    >>vid card with 256MB memory.
    >
    > No it isn't your system as far as you've quoted, however, since
    > there's plenty of people playing with no real hassle that own lesser
    > systems... it's your system

    When I logged in last night, my guy was in the bazaar, where he pretty much
    lives while I'm WoWing these days...anyway, I saw mostly grey planes instead
    of the bazaar itself. Someone told me to log out, restart EQ, and at the
    patcher screen, click on advanced, then check the boxes next to all the
    expansions you own, click on save, and then let the game redownload the
    files it needs (full file check isn't necessary). This worked for me, I was
    able to see and move once again, although I don't think I much care for the
    new bazaar myself.

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Widdershins, 18th level Orc Hunter, Hellscream

    "Skyllar" <Erik5150@Comcast.net> wrote in message
    > "KDragon" <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >> For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >>
    >> Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I guess I can't
    >> even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or another new game I might
    >> like. It's not as if my system can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB
    >> memory and an FX5950 vid card with 256MB memory.
    >
    > What was the purpose of Sony changing the Bazaar? Lag? Since WoW and EQII,
    > lag hasn't really presented itself as a problem.
    >
    > Change for the sake of change friggin bites the big one!
    >
    > There's so many other things Sony could have worked on besides a "new and
    > improved" bazaar!

    Some people in The New Bazaar were saying how happy they were that the
    lag was gone. For every one of them, though, there were three or four who
    hated it for various reasons: takes forever to visit traders, the Find
    function is a lot screwier, people were logging into the old Bazaar area
    (new Bazaar was built on top of the old one), the Bazaar and Barter areas
    were kept separate, there's no longer a big PVP arena in The Bazaar, etc. I
    don't like it because it's separate from the Barter area, and because it
    takes much longer to purchase items. I knew enough to hit "Hide Traders" and
    look down when looking at the front of The Bazaar where all the non-traders
    hung out, so the lag didn't bother me.

    Oh, and none of the vendors can be found with the Find NPC function
    except for the Discord merchant. Wheeeee.

    James

    <jamesgrahame@shaw.ca> wrote:

    > "Skyllar" <Erik5150@Comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > "KDragon" <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > >> For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    > >>
    > >> Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I guess I can't
    > >> even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or another new game I might
    > >> like. It's not as if my system can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB
    > >> memory and an FX5950 vid card with 256MB memory.
    > >
    > > What was the purpose of Sony changing the Bazaar? Lag? Since WoW and EQII,
    > > lag hasn't really presented itself as a problem.
    > >
    > > Change for the sake of change friggin bites the big one!
    > >
    > > There's so many other things Sony could have worked on besides a "new and
    > > improved" bazaar!
    >
    > Some people in The New Bazaar were saying how happy they were that the
    > lag was gone. For every one of them, though, there were three or four who
    > hated it for various reasons: takes forever to visit traders, the Find
    > function is a lot screwier, people were logging into the old Bazaar area
    > (new Bazaar was built on top of the old one), the Bazaar and Barter areas
    > were kept separate, there's no longer a big PVP arena in The Bazaar, etc. I
    > don't like it because it's separate from the Barter area, and because it
    > takes much longer to purchase items. I knew enough to hit "Hide Traders" and
    > look down when looking at the front of The Bazaar where all the non-traders
    > hung out, so the lag didn't bother me.
    >
    > Oh, and none of the vendors can be found with the Find NPC function
    > except for the Discord merchant. Wheeeee.

    My biggest complaint is that the bazaar and barter zones are separate. That
    dooms the barter zone to be underutilized I think, but we'll see.

    My secondary complaint is that the new bazaar zone is needlessly complex. I
    literally had to zoom the map in and pay very close attention to it to find
    my way back out. I'm sure after I've been there a few times that won't be
    much of an issue, but I didn't need any map at all to find my way around the
    old bazaar on day one.

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:41:13 -0600 in <42136924$1@nntp.usm.edu>,
    "Firian" <G.Booth@usm.edu> graced the world with this thought:

    >"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:02:23 -0500 in
    >> <KQxQd.6421$dZ.345490@news20.bellglobal.com>, KDragon
    >> <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> graced the world with this thought:
    >>
    >>>For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >>>
    >>>Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
    >>>guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
    >>>another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
    >>>can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
    >>>vid card with 256MB memory.
    >>
    >> No it isn't your system as far as you've quoted, however, since
    >> there's plenty of people playing with no real hassle that own lesser
    >> systems... it's your system
    >
    >When I logged in last night, my guy was in the bazaar, where he pretty much
    >lives while I'm WoWing these days...anyway, I saw mostly grey planes instead
    >of the bazaar itself. Someone told me to log out, restart EQ, and at the
    >patcher screen, click on advanced, then check the boxes next to all the
    >expansions you own, click on save, and then let the game redownload the
    >files it needs (full file check isn't necessary). This worked for me, I was
    >able to see and move once again, although I don't think I much care for the
    >new bazaar myself.

    worked for me too... three times.

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:02:23 -0500, KDragon
    <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote:

    >For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >
    >Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
    >guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
    >another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
    >can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
    >vid card with 256MB memory.

    I don;t like it. When I think of a bazaar what comes to mind is a
    bunch of tents and stalls outdoors. Of course the old bazaar wasn't
    outdoors but it had more of an outdoor feel than the new one by a long
    shot.

    And having to go from the vendor in the diamond room of the blue
    griffin room to the vendor in the sapphire room of the red dragon
    room.....well that just blows sheep.

    ~F

    Hughie MacAngus <hughie-200502@grfb.com> writes:
    > * Guild Bank - Nice concept, horrible interface. To put things into the
    > bank, I have to pick up the item, click the "deposit item" button. It
    > appears in the "deposits" area, then I click it there, and hit the "add
    > to bank" button. Then it appears in the main bank, and I can select who
    > has permission to withdraw it, for each item at a time. I added over 100
    > items from my guild mule, it was fun.
    > Actually, I couldn't hit the "add to bank" button. As the guild leader,
    > I wasn't flagged as "Banker" by default. So I had to add that flag from
    > the guild tool first.

    I ran into a similar problem, except I'm not guild leader, so I had
    no way to flag myself as a banker. Thus, once I clicked "deposit",
    I wasn't allowed to click "put in bank", but I also couldn't click
    "withdraw". The item I'd depositedwas completely inaccessible to me.
    Given that I was trying it out with one of my rings, I was upset.

    I *did* try to RTFM before doing this. I clicked on the ? in the
    guild bank window, and read it all, and it didn't explain what a
    "banker" was, so I thought maybe it was the person who put any given
    item in the bank. I.e., if I put my ring in, I'd be the banker for
    that ring, and the default permission would be that only I could take
    it out again. Seemed a bit odd, since it would be giving extra bank
    space to all guild members, but I was willing to try it. Oops!

    When I asked about it in-game, some people told me there were files
    in my EverQuest folder with more documentation. But I did also look
    in my /help folder, and didn't see anything about the guild bank and
    how people need to be designated as bankers. The /help/tips folder
    has the files used for the Tip windows, and /help itself seems to have
    the mostly out of date stuff from the general Help window. Is there
    something more?

    -- Don.

    -- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
    -- Terrwini, Druid 47 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
    -- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

    > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:41:13 -0600 in <42136924$1@nntp.usm.edu>,
    > "Firian" <G.Booth@usm.edu> graced the world with this thought:
    >>
    >>When I logged in last night, my guy was in the bazaar, where he pretty
    >>much
    >>lives while I'm WoWing these days...anyway, I saw mostly grey planes
    >>instead
    >>of the bazaar itself. Someone told me to log out, restart EQ, and at the
    >>patcher screen, click on advanced, then check the boxes next to all the
    >>expansions you own, click on save, and then let the game redownload the
    >>files it needs (full file check isn't necessary). This worked for me, I
    >>was
    >>able to see and move once again, although I don't think I much care for
    >>the
    >>new bazaar myself.
    >
    > worked for me too... three times.

    Three times? I only had to do it once...but then I've not left the bazaar
    and re-entered since then, is that why you had to do it three times?

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Widdershins, 19th level Orc Hunter, Hellscream

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:42:29 -0600 in <4214acdf$1@nntp.usm.edu>,
    "Firian" <G.Booth@usm.edu> graced the world with this thought:

    >"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:41:13 -0600 in <42136924$1@nntp.usm.edu>,
    >> "Firian" <G.Booth@usm.edu> graced the world with this thought:
    >>>
    >>>When I logged in last night, my guy was in the bazaar, where he pretty
    >>>much
    >>>lives while I'm WoWing these days...anyway, I saw mostly grey planes
    >>>instead
    >>>of the bazaar itself. Someone told me to log out, restart EQ, and at the
    >>>patcher screen, click on advanced, then check the boxes next to all the
    >>>expansions you own, click on save, and then let the game redownload the
    >>>files it needs (full file check isn't necessary). This worked for me, I
    >>>was
    >>>able to see and move once again, although I don't think I much care for
    >>>the
    >>>new bazaar myself.
    >>
    >> worked for me too... three times.
    >
    >Three times? I only had to do it once...but then I've not left the bazaar
    >and re-entered since then, is that why you had to do it three times?

    I reentered from shadowhaven and got stuck again. I was in the "stuck
    character" chat room for about two hours, and there were a number of
    people who were stuck, told they'd been moved, only to log back on and
    find their character still stuck in the same spot, or began getting a
    "you already have a character logged on" message. Oh yeah, and with
    they're usual efficiency, they had one GM unsticking about 1000
    people, in no particular order. One guy waited two hours and was never
    helped before I left, others would show up and be helped in about two
    minutes.

    I'd guess they have it all worked out by now, but what a circle jerk
    that was.

    KDragon <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote in news:KQxQd.6421
    $dZ.345490@news20.bellglobal.com:

    > For myself, I detest it. The maze is terrible.
    >
    > Add in the fact I can hardly move in many zones today and I
    > guess I can't even kill time in EQ1 waiting for Vanguard or
    > another new game I might like. It's not as if my system
    > can't handle it, it's a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB memory and an FX5950
    > vid card with 256MB memory.

    Can't imagine what your problem is, I have an inferior system everything
    turned on except shadows, and have zero problems moving anywehere.

    As for the new bazaar, I expect I'll get used to it, but hate it at the
    moment.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>