Compaq Armada 3500 clicks

Hi All,

not sure if this is going to make sense, but here goes, I have 3500
running win2k fully s/packed and h/fixed (according to microsoft) it has
an external ps2 mouse bu th eproble occcours equally on the internal
pointer or a USB mouse, and here is the problem:

The mouse clicks randomly, this may not sound very drastic, however it
means the cursor jumps to where the pointer is, or if I move it elswhere I
can loose focus on the window I am working on, it seems to do this every 5
or 10 seconds and is driving me to distraction, does anyone have any ideas?

By the way, I cannot access the BIOS at all, and it has no docking station
either if that makes any difference.

TIA

--
/d

--
John F. Eldredge -- john@jfeldredge.com
PGP key available from http://pgp.mit.edu

I have exactly the same problem that you describe. It's infuriating when
you're trying to type. If you ever come up with the solution, please come
back here and post it...

I thought it must be the ps/2 mouse and was going to plug in an ordinary
serial mouse.

"Ovenpaa" <tagmignu*FOS*@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> not sure if this is going to make sense, but here goes, I have
> 3500
> running win2k fully s/packed and h/fixed (according to microsoft)
> it has
> an external ps2 mouse bu th eproble occcours equally on the
> internal
> pointer or a USB mouse, and here is the problem:
>
> The mouse clicks randomly, this may not sound very drastic,
> however it
> means the cursor jumps to where the pointer is, or if I move it
> elswhere I
> can loose focus on the window I am working on, it seems to do this
> every 5
> or 10 seconds and is driving me to distraction, does anyone have
> any ideas?
>
> By the way, I cannot access the BIOS at all, and it has no docking
> station
> either if that makes any difference.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> /d

There is an Erratic Mouse fix on any of the Hewlett-Packard driver
and software pages for the various Compaq laptops.

--
Earl F. Parrish