Update "Processor problem"

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
What I posted a few weeks ago or so:
"I have a K6II 450. Can the system restart itself if the processor gets to hot? For some reason my system after in use for awhile it will restart it self in different spots for no reason. I thought it might be the CPU, the MOBO, or the Power supply. The case is brand new. Other then that I tried another mobo and it does the same. Only thing left is the processor! I am thinking maybe it doesn't have enough cooling and that is causing a problem!?!

If any one has any ideas, thank you!"

I have figured out the problem!!! It was the processor! I replaced it and the system works fine! It is weird how many problems the processor can cause that don't make any sinse!

Anyways, I thought I would update anyone that cares so if they run into a sinilar issue they will have an idea!

Thank you!

Lars Coleman

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This happens with every CPU that is hurtin. The K62 he had was probably on its last leg. You'll also see this if you OC the CPU too far but just enough to boot and play some games for a little bit.

Leave a real <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq" target="_new">link</A>