Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a budget $500 system to run FSX and other games.

Last response: in Video Games
April 21, 2012 4:42:06 AM

Hello,

I am looking to get a new computer for my family but I want to it be able to do office, student stuff but also run some games.
I am a flight simulator fan and was wondering if if these computers I found will do the trick if I add a $100-150 nvidia card to run games like LOMAC or FSX or even X-Plane 10.

Here are the computers I found. Please remember I am on a STRICT $500 limit on the computer. I cannot build one either because I don't know much about building them. People tell me it difficult because of all the jumper placements and if I get something wrong then I might fry something and then I would be done.

Here are the computers I found.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Desktop+-+8GB...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway+-+Desktop+-+6GB+Mem...

Now for the games, the graphics don't have to be at max but enough to enjoy them.

I also just salvaged an almost new 2006 Antec 500W power supply from my old computer that died a few years ago.
Its an Antec BP500U Universal Input and PFC.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Rob

April 21, 2012 5:01:11 PM

I really need some help here guys. The sale for these computers end tonight. Its just a matter of which processor is better, the AMD A6 or Intel i3 2120.

Rob
April 21, 2012 5:06:57 PM

The gateway is better in everything except from graphcs as the HP is an APU, but you should know that they are charging you a considerable amount more for having their name on it.

BUT IF THE APU CAN RUN THE SIMULATORS THAN GET IT IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN. FIND OUT THE MINIMUM SPECS FOR THEM.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 21, 2012 6:01:32 PM

What if I plan to buy and add an Nvidia card to the computer? Should I still go with the AMD?
April 21, 2012 6:58:58 PM

tomcatguy74 said:
What if I plan to buy and add an Nvidia card to the computer? Should I still go with the AMD?

IF you are buying a discreet graphics card the intel is th right choice as it is more powerful than the AMD.
!