EQ2: Market prices per server

I was just reading the thread about the crafting changes and whilst I dont
agree at all with a lot of the comments (Seems to me that people simply want
to be able to create everything without any hassle), I was interested to
read about the various prices of rares etc across the many servers.

I am on the Neriak server and this is what I currently have to pay for
rares:

T2 - Severed Bone - 3G
T2 - Silver - 10G
T3 - Paladium - 20G

Looking at some of the posts it seems this is very cheap, I was wondering
how the other servers compare.

Also how much money do u have at your current level. I have one main
character 22 Adv/30 Carpenter and I have around 1.5 Platinum. I believe this
is a lot compared to non crafters on my server, but reading some of the
posts on here about people spending 2p on rares, it doesnt seem like it's a
lot on some other servers.

Also how are you guys making money. As a carpenter I mainly have to build
boxes as this is pretty much the only thing I can sell. I do sell furniture
now and again but thats only to rich people mainly. It's a real shame that
the carpenter class isnt given better recipes as a lot of our furniture is
poor compared to what you can buy and see around the world.

I must admit though I love the warped bone and fir beds :)
7 answers Last reply
More about market prices server

    >T2 - Severed Bone - 3G
    >T2 - Silver - 10G
    >T3 - Paladium - 20G

    Not sure about those but bronze and blackend iron ore goes for about 2g
    on Runnyeye.

    As for none rare (ignoring the idiots who sell tin cluster for 1g):

    T1 - 1C
    T2 - 1C to 25c
    T3 - 25c to 1g

    >Looking at some of the posts it seems this is very cheap, I was
    wondering
    >how the other servers compare.

    >Also how much money do u have at your current level. I have one main
    >character 22 Adv/30 Carpenter and I have around 1.5 Platinum. I
    believe this
    >Is a lot compared to non crafters on my server, but reading some of
    the
    >posts on here about people spending 2p on rares, it doesn't seem
    like it's a
    >lot on some other servers.

    My wizard, lvl 23 has about 83g (If you include what I've spent and
    all the hand-me-downs to alts it would be over 1p). A lot of that has
    come recently when I worked out the best to make money. My summoner,
    lvl 14, has vastly more money then any other char I had at that level
    and will undoubtedly be richer then my wizard is at lvl 23.

    >Also how are you guys making money. As a carpenter I mainly have to
    build
    >boxes as this is pretty much the only thing I can sell. I do sell
    furniture
    >now and again but that's only to rich people mainly. It's a real
    shame that
    >the carpenter class isn't given better recipes as a lot of our
    furniture is
    >poor compared to what you can buy and see around the world.

    I rarely craft and when I do rarely sell the items I make. Craftings
    what I do when I want a break from adventuring. Money comes from
    selling loot, quests and harvesting.

    The problem I see with carpenters is most people aren't that
    interested in buying furniture for their rooms (If this games was
    called Sims 2 you'll be laughing all the way to the bank!). Out of
    the few that are once you bought a bed, cupboards etc you don't need
    another one, so the demand simply isn't there.

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:06:31 -0000, "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Also how are you guys making money. As a carpenter I mainly have to build
    >boxes as this is pretty much the only thing I can sell. I do sell furniture
    >now and again but thats only to rich people mainly. It's a real shame that
    >the carpenter class isnt given better recipes as a lot of our furniture is
    >poor compared to what you can buy and see around the world.

    I have 2 tradeskillers, a jeweller and a carpenter. I can sell
    jewellry fairly well, but you're right about furniture - I've sold 2
    or 3 beds, compared to dozens of Lore bodyparts and collectables.

    >I must admit though I love the warped bone and fir beds :)

    The only rares I have are the ones I've found - one Runnyeye and
    Splitpaw they sell for at least 10g.

    I have a bone bookcase, which is ugly (and doesn't hold books) and a
    Fir bench. I'm still in my starter apartment, so I'll have to wait
    until I get a better place to see how they defray costs.

    As for cash, I make a few gold a day, usually seling collectables,
    Lore body parts, resources and Adept 1's. I generally spend them on
    Adept 1's and completing collections.

    I recently have over 10g, for the first time every - I went to the
    broker and spent about 8g on a couple of adept 1s and app 4s, some
    Advanced Woodworking scrolls and better armour for my lvl 19 Cleric.

    I actually only starting selling very recently - I had always assumed
    you have to be online overnight for hours at a time to make any money,
    but soon leaned you can make a fair amount fo cash in an hour or 2.

    And what's with all the carrots ?

    "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message
    > I was just reading the thread about the crafting changes and whilst I dont
    > agree at all with a lot of the comments (Seems to me that people simply
    want
    > to be able to create everything without any hassle), I was interested to
    > read about the various prices of rares etc across the many servers.
    >
    > I am on the Neriak server and this is what I currently have to pay for
    > rares:
    >
    > T2 - Severed Bone - 3G
    > T2 - Silver - 10G
    > T3 - Paladium - 20G

    Not sure about T3 offhand, but rough coral and silver go for between 14g-20g
    per piece.

    It also amazes me that the T1 rares for the inks are more often for sale at
    higher prices than the T2 components.

    --
    eq2.najena.Simonette
    eq2.najena.Floriana

    On 16 Feb 2005 08:59:27 -0800, BombayMix wrote:

    > The problem I see with carpenters is most people aren't that
    > interested in buying furniture for their rooms (If this games was
    > called Sims 2 you'll be laughing all the way to the bank!). Out of
    > the few that are once you bought a bed, cupboards etc you don't need
    > another one, so the demand simply isn't there.

    I'd like to see SOE up the item counts in the inn rooms. AFAIK most people
    are still using them and they get filled up with junk pretty quick. I know
    I'm a pack rat but I still don't want to pay the upkeep on a bigger room
    (cheap I guess as well).
    --
    RJB
    2/17/2005 8:54:25 AM

    In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, zits, broccoli, racism,
    ozone depletion, sexism, stupid guys, and PMS, why the hell do people still
    tell me to have a nice day?
    --Unknown

    "RJB" <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On 16 Feb 2005 08:59:27 -0800, BombayMix wrote:
    >
    >> The problem I see with carpenters is most people aren't that
    >> interested in buying furniture for their rooms (If this games was
    >> called Sims 2 you'll be laughing all the way to the bank!). Out of
    >> the few that are once you bought a bed, cupboards etc you don't need
    >> another one, so the demand simply isn't there.
    >
    > I'd like to see SOE up the item counts in the inn rooms. AFAIK most people
    > are still using them and they get filled up with junk pretty quick. I know
    > I'm a pack rat but I still don't want to pay the upkeep on a bigger room
    > (cheap I guess as well).
    > --
    > RJB
    > 2/17/2005 8:54:25 AM

    Maybe its just me, but I don't understand what the point of the whole room
    thing is. I've never bought one stick of furniture. I've sold every piece
    of furniture I received from questing. I've never been in anyone else's
    room, I've never had anyone come into mine. With money as tight as it is
    for me right now, I can't see spending coin on something that no one will
    ever see or care about if they do happen to wander in when I'm selling off
    my bulletin board.

    On a different topic...
    I think SOE should make it so that you can have the items in your house
    vault available for sale while you're out adventuring. The reason I don't
    sell a lot of my stuff on the boards is because if I'm on-line I want to be
    doing something instead of just sitting there in my room. I think there
    would be a lot more stuff on the boards by letting players go off and do
    something else while they were selling.

    LoonBoon

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:06:31 -0000, Cheddar wrote:

    >Also how are you guys making money. As a carpenter I mainly have to build
    >boxes as this is pretty much the only thing I can sell. I do sell furniture
    >now and again but thats only to rich people mainly.

    Well, I know of a few carpenters who have made a considerable sum selling
    ash staves to my weaponsmith :-)

    Check out what interim components you can make that other classes need at:
    http://eq2craft.computersims.com

    Unfortunately, with the upcoming patch, this source of income will soon be
    history, because everybody will be sitting by themselves pressing buttons
    like a bunch of lab rats.

    Oh well, I'm told this is what the majority of the customer base wants.
    --
    Henrik Dissing
    Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:55:49 -0500, RJB wrote:

    >I'd like to see SOE up the item counts in the inn rooms. AFAIK most people
    >are still using them and they get filled up with junk pretty quick.

    It's my impression from visiting many traders that relatively few people
    spend much on furniture, so I doubt it's the 100 item cap that's causing a
    low demand.
    --
    Henrik Dissing
    Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep
    Member of Knights of Knowledge
    (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

Games Servers Video Games