Should I get a wireless or wired controller?

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
My Old generic pc controller just died, I am getting a new pc controller this week, I'll be choosing logitech since they offered me really great products with decent price & quality this past years(even now)

what should I get?
wired or wireless? please give me a reason why :) thank you in advance!!! :love:

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

thank you for the response, yes you have a point there and I have read that some people are having trouble with some games in wireless controller like Assassin's creed revelations :??: but usually a receiver is just plugged in the usb ports so.. that wont be the reason of delay, probably your playing too far away or theres just something wrong with some wireless controller :(

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

oh :sweat: that isn't good, I searched the product I am getting, seems like the wireless isn't rechargeable like the ps3 controller, it needs a alkaline battery to operate which I find annoying changing battery every week or so + rechargeable batteries isn't good option since plug and play option is much better lazy me I know :kaola: ... thank you for the response again ;) look's like I am getting a wired then :D but we'll see...

almost forgot, Sorry if some wireless or wired controller user get's offended or something in this topic :??: I do not intend to

thank you :)

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I have some Logitech wireless controllers and they work great. Lag has never been an issue, even playing over 10' away.

Think about the games you use controllers for anyway.....usually adventure, third-person, etc, not super reflexive things like competitive FPS. Even if there was a little lag it probably wouldn't be at all noticeable in that type of game.

I use them when I want to plop down on the couch and play Shift2 or Dirt3 on the HDTV (which is across the room from the computer). Wired controllers would be a pain in this situation.

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

thank you for the response :love:
question:

how long is the battery life?

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

I couldn't really give you a definitive answer on that, since I don't use them heavily. Seems like I have to replace them about once a month or so.

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

lol yea , I think an energizer will be good, but spending 3$ is a hustle for me :na: lazy me

:( with a wireless controller I can relax on the bed while playing and it will look really sweet on my computer, with a wired controller I wont be having trouble if I runned out of battery

I'll just get the wired for now and get the wireless next month

thank you for your time guys :love:

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I just worried about the battery life, since I always play a lot at morning before going to work, uh, I play intensively @ weekends also that's where I could drain the power of the battery very fast :??: thank you for the response :)