what is their most sensitive trimode phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
February 7, 2005 8:30:49 PM

hello all,
only Verizon is picked up at our new rural PA/NY border home and not equally
on different Verizon phones.
the fellow's phone who always has coverage is several years old.
what is the most sensitive current Verizon phone for analog use? i don't
need anything fancy... just having consistent service will make me happy.
my old Nokia 6100 on AT&T has never had service there because we are down in
a valley (but it is even bad in town). AT&T/Cingular GSM coverage nationally
doesn't adequately cover the rural areas i usually travel.
thanks in advance,
kurt
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:47:09 PM

In terms of ease-of-use, and good RF performance I really like
the Noka 3589i.

-Dan

PS: If you need one where you can force analog, and leave it there
the Kyocera's have an analog-only setting in the menus. They will, however,
reset to digital preferred when you turn the phone off and then on.
One favorite older phone for good RF is the Moto 270C.

--

=======================
Oregon and the Pacific Northwest

--

"realityintrudes" <replyto@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
news:D BNNd.27889$8H2.23626@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> hello all,
> only Verizon is picked up at our new rural PA/NY border home and not
> equally on different Verizon phones.
> the fellow's phone who always has coverage is several years old.
> what is the most sensitive current Verizon phone for analog use? i don't
> need anything fancy... just having consistent service will make me happy.
> my old Nokia 6100 on AT&T has never had service there because we are down
> in a valley (but it is even bad in town). AT&T/Cingular GSM coverage
> nationally doesn't adequately cover the rural areas i usually travel.
> thanks in advance,
> kurt

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:22:01 AM

Dan Albrich wrote:
> In terms of ease-of-use, and good RF performance I really like
> the Noka 3589i.
>
> -Dan
>
> PS: If you need one where you can force analog, and leave it there
> the Kyocera's have an analog-only setting in the menus.

The Nokias usually have that too.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Related resources
February 8, 2005 5:25:24 AM

Motorola V265 with camera or V260 without camera.

"realityintrudes" <replyto@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
news:D BNNd.27889$8H2.23626@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> hello all,
> only Verizon is picked up at our new rural PA/NY border home and not
equally
> on different Verizon phones.
> the fellow's phone who always has coverage is several years old.
> what is the most sensitive current Verizon phone for analog use? i don't
> need anything fancy... just having consistent service will make me happy.
> my old Nokia 6100 on AT&T has never had service there because we are down
in
> a valley (but it is even bad in town). AT&T/Cingular GSM coverage
nationally
> doesn't adequately cover the rural areas i usually travel.
> thanks in advance,
> kurt

February 8, 2005 5:50:38 AM

Where are you? Port Jervis/ Hawks' Nest area?

We travel through there often (house in PA at Lake Wallenpaupack) and my
wife's v265 is fine. Better than my v60s.

Make sure your PRL is up-to-date, they recently added CellOneNEPA digital
coverage near there.

HTH,
Dean
_____________________________
"realityintrudes" <replyto@newsgroup.com> wrote in message
news:D BNNd.27889$8H2.23626@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> hello all,
> only Verizon is picked up at our new rural PA/NY border home and not
> equally on different Verizon phones.
> the fellow's phone who always has coverage is several years old.
> what is the most sensitive current Verizon phone for analog use? i don't
> need anything fancy... just having consistent service will make me happy.
> my old Nokia 6100 on AT&T has never had service there because we are down
> in a valley (but it is even bad in town). AT&T/Cingular GSM coverage
> nationally doesn't adequately cover the rural areas i usually travel.
> thanks in advance,
> kurt

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:28:26 PM

we are on the border between Binghamton & Elmira, NY- outside Athens, PA to
be precise.
kurt

!