Event ID: 32079
Date: 5/18/2004
Time: 11:22:08 AM
User: N/A
Computer: DON
An error was encountered while preparing to send the fax. The service will
not attempt to resend the fax. Please close other applications before
resending.
Sender: Jack Mills.
Billing code: .
Sender company: *********
Sender dept: .
Recipient name: ******** (Business Fax).
Recipient number: **********.
Device name: Conexant HSF V92 56K Data Fax PCI Modem.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. (which returns a "We're sorry"
response).

The modem is designed to work with/XP according to the Windows Catalog.
BTW, I'm running XP Pro 2002 SP2, v.2120.

What adjustments can I make to overcome this consistent failing? TIA

Mike

Splendid

Uninstall SP2.. it is still in beta vesion..

"Jack Mills" <gisjack@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to send a fax, using Microsoft Fax, this error appears:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Microsoft Fax
> Event Category: Outbound
> Event ID: 32079
> Date: 5/18/2004
> Time: 11:22:08 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: DON
> An error was encountered while preparing to send the fax. The service will
> not attempt to resend the fax. Please close other applications before
> resending.
> Sender: Jack Mills.
> Billing code: .
> Sender company: *********
> Sender dept: .
> Recipient name: ******** (Business Fax).
> Recipient number: **********.
> Device name: Conexant HSF V92 56K Data Fax PCI Modem.

> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. (which returns a "We're sorry"
> response).
>
> The modem is designed to work with/XP according to the Windows Catalog.
> BTW, I'm running XP Pro 2002 SP2, v.2120.
>
> What adjustments can I make to overcome this consistent failing? TIA

Why do you have SP2 on your computer?

"Jack Mills" <gisjack@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to send a fax, using Microsoft Fax, this error appears:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Microsoft Fax
> Event Category: Outbound
> Event ID: 32079
> Date: 5/18/2004
> Time: 11:22:08 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: DON
> An error was encountered while preparing to send the fax. The service will
> not attempt to resend the fax. Please close other applications before
> resending.
> Sender: Jack Mills.
> Billing code: .
> Sender company: *********
> Sender dept: .
> Recipient name: ******** (Business Fax).
> Recipient number: **********.
> Device name: Conexant HSF V92 56K Data Fax PCI Modem.

> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. (which returns a "We're sorry"
> response).
>
> The modem is designed to work with/XP according to the Windows Catalog.
> BTW, I'm running XP Pro 2002 SP2, v.2120.
>
> What adjustments can I make to overcome this consistent failing? TIA

How would my answer to your question help you help me with my problem? TIA

"Victor D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why do you have SP2 on your computer?
>

> "Jack Mills" <gisjack@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Every time I try to send a fax, using Microsoft Fax, this error appears:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: Microsoft Fax
>> Event Category: Outbound
>> Event ID: 32079
>> Date: 5/18/2004
>> Time: 11:22:08 AM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: DON
>> An error was encountered while preparing to send the fax. The service
>> will
>> not attempt to resend the fax. Please close other applications before
>> resending.
>> Sender: Jack Mills.
>> Billing code: .
>> Sender company: *********
>> Sender dept: .
>> Recipient name: ******** (Business Fax).
>> Recipient number: **********.
>> Device name: Conexant HSF V92 56K Data Fax PCI Modem.

>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. (which returns a "We're sorry"
>> response).
>>
>> The modem is designed to work with/XP according to the Windows Catalog.
>> BTW, I'm running XP Pro 2002 SP2, v.2120.
>>
>> What adjustments can I make to overcome this consistent failing? TIA

Because it depends on your answer of the outcome of my advice! Welcome.

"Jack Mills" <gisjackREMOVE@THIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> How would my answer to your question help you help me with my problem?
TIA

> "Victor D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why do you have SP2 on your computer?
> >

> > "Jack Mills" <gisjack@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Every time I try to send a fax, using Microsoft Fax, this error
appears:

> >> Event Type: Error
> >> Event Source: Microsoft Fax
> >> Event Category: Outbound
> >> Event ID: 32079
> >> Date: 5/18/2004
> >> Time: 11:22:08 AM
> >> User: N/A
> >> Computer: DON
> >> An error was encountered while preparing to send the fax. The service
> >> will
> >> not attempt to resend the fax. Please close other applications before
> >> resending.
> >> Sender: Jack Mills.
> >> Billing code: .
> >> Sender company: *********
> >> Sender dept: .
> >> Recipient name: ******** (Business Fax).
> >> Recipient number: **********.
> >> Device name: Conexant HSF V92 56K Data Fax PCI Modem.
> >>
> >> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. (which returns a "We're
sorry"
> >> response).
> >>
> >> The modem is designed to work with/XP according to the Windows Catalog.
> >> BTW, I'm running XP Pro 2002 SP2, v.2120.
> >>
> >> What adjustments can I make to overcome this consistent failing? TIA

I am experiencing the same issue, I can receive faxes however sending is not possible. I do not have SP2 installed.

This is the event log - you will see it is the same as the log below:
Sender: xxxx.
Billing code: .
Sender company: xxxx.
Sender dept: .
Recipient name: xxxx.
Recipient number: xxxxx.
Device name: Duxbury V.90 and X2 External Modem.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.