Cannot install Win XP Fax Service

Can someone please HELP! I cannot install Windows Fax
Service on XP Pro. I have tried everything, serached
knowledge base, internet,read Russ Valentines article,
and contacted Microsoft..no luck.

Upon add remove components it asks for XP disk then
cannot continue w/installation because it can't find
fxscfqwz.dl_ or zClientm.ex_ in i386. The files are
there on the CD and the paths are correct and I do have
sp1 installed. It just won't install.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Stacey
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot install service

    See your other post.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Stacey" <drasilla2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please HELP! I cannot install Windows Fax
    > Service on XP Pro. I have tried everything, serached
    > knowledge base, internet,read Russ Valentines article,
    > and contacted Microsoft..no luck.
    >
    > Upon add remove components it asks for XP disk then
    > cannot continue w/installation because it can't find
    > fxscfqwz.dl_ or zClientm.ex_ in i386. The files are
    > there on the CD and the paths are correct and I do have
    > sp1 installed. It just won't install.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Stacey