Xerox Docuprint P12

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have a Xerox Docuprint P12 monochrome laser printer which I used for a
couple of years on Win 98 SE. Now I have updated to XP, the straight through
paper path will not work. The drivers and software which came with the
printer won't work in XP, so it uses the XP default driver which does not
support the straight through paper path, and there is no updated driver
available (not from Xerox anyway!) This is an apparently minor problem, but
very irritating when I use 160 gsm card. I end up with curled card which
then won't go back into the printer for double-sided printing.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

That would be a function of the printer drivers and if Xerox decided not to
update them, then there's nothing much you can really do. Do Xerox have
Windows 2000 drivers for this model? You might give them a try if they do.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"42410" <42410@BLUEYONDER.COM> wrote in message
>I have a Xerox Docuprint P12 monochrome laser printer which I used for a
> couple of years on Win 98 SE. Now I have updated to XP, the straight
> through
> paper path will not work. The drivers and software which came with the
> printer won't work in XP, so it uses the XP default driver which does not
> support the straight through paper path, and there is no updated driver
> available (not from Xerox anyway!) This is an apparently minor problem,
> but
> very irritating when I use 160 gsm card. I end up with curled card which
> then won't go back into the printer for double-sided printing.
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks in advance.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

42410 <42410@BLUEYONDER.COM> wrote in message
> I have a Xerox Docuprint P12 monochrome laser printer which I used for a
> couple of years on Win 98 SE. Now I have updated to XP, the straight
through
> paper path will not work. The drivers and software which came with the
> printer won't work in XP, so it uses the XP default driver which does not
> support the straight through paper path, and there is no updated driver
> available (not from Xerox anyway!) This is an apparently minor problem,
but
> very irritating when I use 160 gsm card. I end up with curled card which
> then won't go back into the printer for double-sided printing.
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks in advance.

Sorry - didn't mean to say I have put it in 'publisher' NG!
Should have said 'hardware' and 'device_driver.dev' NGs

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

No, I don't they do anything newer than W 98, but thanks for the advice,
anyway.

Cari (MS-MVP) <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> That would be a function of the printer drivers and if Xerox decided not
> update them, then there's nothing much you can really do. Do Xerox have
> Windows 2000 drivers for this model? You might give them a try if they
do.
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "42410" <42410@BLUEYONDER.COM> wrote in message
> >I have a Xerox Docuprint P12 monochrome laser printer which I used for a
> > couple of years on Win 98 SE. Now I have updated to XP, the straight
> > through
> > paper path will not work. The drivers and software which came with the
> > printer won't work in XP, so it uses the XP default driver which does
not
> > support the straight through paper path, and there is no updated driver
> > available (not from Xerox anyway!) This is an apparently minor problem,
> > but
> > very irritating when I use 160 gsm card. I end up with curled card which
> > then won't go back into the printer for double-sided printing.
> > Can anyone help?
> > Thanks in advance.

Bummer. A lot of companies decided it just wasn't economical for them to
spend a lot more $s on their discontinued units. Might be time to consider
a new unit. (Trivial statistic: the average PC is replaced every two
years, the average printer is replaced only every seven years.) Yours is
coming up to its sixth birthday at least. Go look around at some nice new
printers..... and remember, they nearly all come with that year's guarantee
all come with new 'ink'!