Epox 8KTA3 FSB and RAM timmings. HELP!

G

Howdy all once again!

Is it possible to get the ram timming on the EPOX 8KTA3 past 133MHz?

Granted I haven't done extensive research on it, but the bios has a setting for the RAM timming either at 100 or 133. FSB settings are independant of this option. Can anyone tell me if the board DOES have the option to overclock the FSB to the same frequencies as the RAM?
IE FSB @ 140MHz and the RAM timming @ 140Mhz?

Thanks all!

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
hard to say for sure, my board allows memory settings of host clock, host clock+33Mhz and host clock -33Mhz. The FSB still impacts the memory speed however.

use a diagnostic program such as SiSoft's Sandra to accurately gauge what speed your memory is running at, mine runs at 140Mhz currently.

G

Can't get my epox 8kta2 to do the 133 FSB, but at 100FSB with the ram at 133 it will overclock the ram to 157 stable.
mind you it only achieved this after I stuck heatsinks on every bit of silicon on the board.
Theoretically on my board there is a jumper on it to set the FSB to 133, but if I do that, (even not OC'd) it won't boot at all, won't even flash the keyboard LED's!

If you have any luck let me know
Mark.

G

Just found a german site, sorry no link, but after running it through a translation site it seems to say you gotta do the following for 133 FSB:
close L1 jumpers, close L7 jumpers
set memory detection by SPD OFF
set FSB to 100
then change the jumper.
well I'll try it when I get a chance.