Are colour laser printers any good?

How does the quality compare to that of inkjet when it
comes to photos and such?

Adriaan wrote:
> How does the quality compare to that of inkjet when it
> comes to photos and such?

Like anything, it all depends on how much you want to spend. Personally, I
don't think you can beat a good inkjet for photographs - I'm sure there are
lasers that can do a fairly decent job, but they must cost £10,000s. I use a
Canon i9950 and I find that the output to be the best I've come across and
certainly as good as many professional labs.

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> Like anything, it all depends on how much you want to spend. Personally, I
> don't think you can beat a good inkjet for photographs - I'm sure there
> are
> lasers that can do a fairly decent job, but they must cost £10,000s. I use
> Canon i9950 and I find that the output to be the best I've come across and
> certainly as good as many professional labs.

So are you now a happy bunny again? Is it making nice photos?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
>> Like anything, it all depends on how much you want to spend.
>> Personally, I don't think you can beat a good inkjet for photographs
>> - I'm sure there are
>> lasers that can do a fairly decent job, but they must cost £10,000s.
>> I use a
>> Canon i9950 and I find that the output to be the best I've come
>> across and certainly as good as many professional labs.
>>
> So are you now a happy bunny again? Is it making nice photos?

Yep babe, I'm happy. The only problem is, I'm having to limit myself as
Canon UK have told my supplier that they have no more stocks of red and
green cartridges (and don't know when they're going to get any more!)
JetTec, the leading supplier of compatibles in the UK, aren't producing red
and green until the beginning of next year as they are concentrating on
Epson's R series. So, when the red and green that came with the unit run
out, I'm back to six colours again.

I guess that's the consequence of purchasing a printer the second it's
released!

So how's you? I'll shoot you an email when I get a moment.

Blessed Be,

Cerri
xxxxxxx

> Yep babe, I'm happy. The only problem is, I'm having to limit myself as
> Canon UK have told my supplier that they have no more stocks of red and
> green cartridges (and don't know when they're going to get any more!)
> JetTec, the leading supplier of compatibles in the UK, aren't producing
red
> and green until the beginning of next year as they are concentrating on
> Epson's R series. So, when the red and green that came with the unit run
> out, I'm back to six colours again.
>
> I guess that's the consequence of purchasing a printer the second it's
> released!
>
> So how's you? I'll shoot you an email when I get a moment.
>
> Blessed Be,
>
> Cerri
> xxxxxxx

No red and green for Solstice or Christmas! Ack! I'll look at my Frys next
time I'm there, probably on Saturday - I think I need a third hard drive on
my Server. I decided to move all My Documents, My Pictures and My Music to
it and let it be a real server... I just hadn't realized I had quite so
much. My Videos has to stay just where it is for now! It has it's own
180gb drive, but it's one of those shrinking ones, or perhaps I should just
stop editing digital media.

Files expand to fit the hard drive space available. And there's never
enough of that! Even with 400gb on the desktop.

Meantime I'll just dream of a i9900!
www.coribright.com

Sorry to interrupt, but I would like to have some more
info on colour laser quality please.
..

"Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
| "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
| >
| > Yep babe, I'm happy. The only problem is, I'm having to limit myself as
| > Canon UK have told my supplier that they have no more stocks of red and
| > green cartridges (and don't know when they're going to get any more!)
| > JetTec, the leading supplier of compatibles in the UK, aren't producing
| red
| > and green until the beginning of next year as they are concentrating on
| > Epson's R series. So, when the red and green that came with the unit run
| > out, I'm back to six colours again.
| >
| > I guess that's the consequence of purchasing a printer the second it's
| > released!
| >
| > So how's you? I'll shoot you an email when I get a moment.
| >
| > Blessed Be,
| >
| > Cerri
| > xxxxxxx
| >
| No red and green for Solstice or Christmas! Ack! I'll look at my Frys
next
| time I'm there, probably on Saturday - I think I need a third hard drive
on
| my Server. I decided to move all My Documents, My Pictures and My Music
| it and let it be a real server... I just hadn't realized I had quite so
| much. My Videos has to stay just where it is for now! It has it's own
| 180gb drive, but it's one of those shrinking ones, or perhaps I should
just
| stop editing digital media.
|
| Files expand to fit the hard drive space available. And there's never
| enough of that! Even with 400gb on the desktop.
|
| Meantime I'll just dream of a i9900!

That looks better than the one I've got!! Nip out and buy another Maxtor
:))

Sorry to interrupt, but I would like to have some more
info on colour laser quality please.

See my reply to your posting of today at 5.46am. No my reply wasn't at
5.46am, I was asleep at that time!
--
Cari
www.coribright.com