Faxing from my computer at home to a fax machine in a diff..

hans

I tried to send a fax from my computer at home to a fax machine in a different city. The fax does not go out. It always stops at the wizzard message that the fax is "pending". I have a hunch that the programm is even not dialing out because I do not hear any tone. Any suggestions?

Hans.

What fax program? Phone line connected to your computer modem?