Sign in with
Your question

Unhandled exception

Last response: in Windows 7
October 12, 2010 2:07:10 PM

i am using windows 7 home premium on a 64-bit dell 9000. for a week now i get a message that speaks of an unhandled exception that specifies an anchor balloon is contained outside the visible bounds. details calls for JIT debugging. for the life of me i cannot find the place to enable it. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you for your time.

More about : unhandled exception

a b $ Windows 7
October 13, 2010 11:43:43 PM

Huh? This seems to be a specific software issue and is probably not related to Win 7. When does this happen?
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
October 14, 2010 12:45:46 AM

Check the system event log (type "Event Viewer" in the Search box) - it might give you a hint as to what program is issuing the error. If you can figure that you, it'll be easier to search for a solution.
m
l
Related resources
October 22, 2010 4:59:42 PM

thank you shadow and sminlal. the error apparently has something to do with using a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system.

it would pop up after the desktop gadgets had all loaded. i found a way to disable it by removing some unnecessary programs from the startup menu. i'm sure that is not the proper way to correct this error, but it works for me with no inconvenience now.

thank you for your consideration and expertise.
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
October 23, 2010 12:57:16 AM

Just to be clear, the 64-bit version of Windows 7 handles 32-bit programs just fine. The problem you're having must be due to either an error in the program or due to the program doing something a little odd that doesn't quite work properly using the 32-bit API.

I'm not targeting you specifically Gbear, but there's a lot of misinformation out there and people often seem to jump to the wrong conclusions - wouldn't want anyone reading this to think that they can't run 32 bit programs on 64-bit Windows.
m
l
October 23, 2010 6:56:23 PM

it is good of you to point that out, sminlal. i certainly hope there was no damage done.

good day!
m
l
!