Printing Problems

Our Compaq Computer (A1500 printer) was loaded with Milennium and now we loaded XP software. Using XP, often the communication to the printer doesn't work. It will say busy. You unplug and replug. Sometimes that works. Sometimes you give up turn the computer off and return the next day. Everything prints. What's the problem.

cook

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

----- jnkyle wrote: -----

Our Compaq Computer (A1500 printer) was loaded with Milennium and now we loaded XP software. Using XP, often the communication to the printer doesn't work. It will say busy. You unplug and replug. Sometimes that works. Sometimes you give up turn the computer off and return the next day. Everything prints. What's the problem.

By keeping the printer connected during the upgrade, you probably corrupted
the drivers. Uninstall and reinstall CORRECTLY
www.coribright.com