Printing makes pc run slow

Whenever I print something out, my computer runs extremely
slow. I'm using a Lexmark Z45 (just a cheap ink jet),
Windows XP, 256 RAM, Pent 4 processor. I checked the PF
Usage while printing and it started out at over 300 MBs
and worked it's way down. What is causing this and can I
keep it from slowing my PC down?

There's no spyware, adware, viruses, etc. on my PC, and I
keep it in pretty good shape. No other program makes it do
this, and I'll run some pretty powerful programs on it
every now and then.

Any help is appreciated!

Shannon
5 answers Last reply
More about printing makes slow

    Is this USB or Parallel?
    www.coribright.com

    "Shannon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I print something out, my computer runs extremely
    > slow. I'm using a Lexmark Z45 (just a cheap ink jet),
    > Windows XP, 256 RAM, Pent 4 processor. I checked the PF
    > Usage while printing and it started out at over 300 MBs
    > and worked it's way down. What is causing this and can I
    > keep it from slowing my PC down?
    >
    > There's no spyware, adware, viruses, etc. on my PC, and I
    > keep it in pretty good shape. No other program makes it do
    > this, and I'll run some pretty powerful programs on it
    > every now and then.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated!
    >
    > Shannon

    I'm hooked up with USB...

    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Shannon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> Whenever I print something out, my computer runs
    extremely
    >> slow. I'm using a Lexmark Z45 (just a cheap ink jet),
    >> Windows XP, 256 RAM, Pent 4 processor. I checked the PF
    >> Usage while printing and it started out at over 300 MBs
    >> and worked it's way down. What is causing this and can I
    >> keep it from slowing my PC down?
    >>
    >> There's no spyware, adware, viruses, etc. on my PC, and
    >> keep it in pretty good shape. No other program makes it
    do
    >> this, and I'll run some pretty powerful programs on it
    >> every now and then.
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated!
    >>
    >> Shannon
    >

    >.

    Anything else connected to the USB ports?

    Is this a black only document or complicated color graphic?

    What else are you doing/running on the PC at the same time?

    > I'm hooked up with USB...

    There are a couple things hooked up to the USB ports; digi
    camera cable, a scanner, and opti mouse. I usually don't
    have anything else running except for maybe IE. But, it's
    usually a color pic that I would be printing out. Not
    always the best setting, but it's usually a color pic of
    some sort.

    SE

    It's possible the Power Supply Unit inside the PC itself is not capable to
    supplying enough power to all the USB ports at once (each needs power to
    work).
    --
    Cari
    > There are a couple things hooked up to the USB ports; digi
    > camera cable, a scanner, and opti mouse. I usually don't
    > have anything else running except for maybe IE. But, it's
    > usually a color pic that I would be printing out. Not
    > always the best setting, but it's usually a color pic of
    > some sort.
    >
    > SE

Windows XP