Preveiw Fax only shows 1 page

When I print to the fax the preview at the end only opens the front page.
I went back to some older faxes in the sent items folder which opened
properly prior to now but they wont open all the pages or wont give the
option to view anything but the front page either, could QuickTime being
installed have done this? If so how do I change it back or if not anyone got
any suggestions?

Advice will be much appreciated. Paul

Most often, this problem arises because some other imaging application that
you installed has set itself as the default viewer for TIF files. To view
faxes from the Fax Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must be your
default viewer for TIF files. You can easily restore that setting in Windows
Explorer > Folder Options. File Types. For most users the command line
should read:

"rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Paul Hulme" <ppaall@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> When I print to the fax the preview at the end only opens the front page.
> I went back to some older faxes in the sent items folder which opened
> properly prior to now but they wont open all the pages or wont give the
> option to view anything but the front page either, could QuickTime being
> installed have done this? If so how do I change it back or if not anyone
got
> any suggestions?
>
> Advice will be much appreciated. Paul

Check your file associations for TIF files. The correct file association
(for the Picture and Fax Viewer) should be:

"rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

I'm going to guess that Quicktime kidnapped the file association for TIF
files.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC NBC-IN

"Paul Hulme" <ppaall@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> When I print to the fax the preview at the end only opens the front page.
> I went back to some older faxes in the sent items folder which opened
> properly prior to now but they wont open all the pages or wont give the
> option to view anything but the front page either, could QuickTime being
> installed have done this? If so how do I change it back or if not anyone
got
> any suggestions?
>
> Advice will be much appreciated. Paul

Thanks very much, QuickTime did steal the association and fax now works
fine.

Thanks again, Paul