Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Diablo 3 Beta Graphical Issues // Help Please!

Last response: in Video Games
April 22, 2012 7:21:13 PM

D3 is unplayable on my system due to graphical artifacting.

I'm running the beta on a ATI Radeon 3850, Athlon x2 6400 BE, and 4GB memory on Windows 7 SP1 with the latest DX and Catalyst drivers.

Artifacting shown here:
http://imgur.com/a/FygSV

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
I've used various graphical qualities for all settings, changed resolution, vsync, and tried the 'lowfx' mode. No help. They all look the same way.

I've restarted my system and ensured no unusual background programs were running.

I haven't seen any other posts with similar problems after quite a few searches. To be fair, I'm not sure if I'm using the best keywords. The game runs just fine (seemingly), aside the whole me not being able to see what I'm doing.

Any help would be appreciated!
April 22, 2012 8:45:13 PM

Hi :) 

Do your specs meet BF3 requirements ?? I doubt they do...

All the best Brett :) 
April 22, 2012 11:21:29 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I'm trying for diablo 3, not BF3. Mine meets the D3 requirements and the 3850 is a supported card.

For the record, though, I think I played BF3 and it ran well at my resolution (1280x1024)...probably medium graphics...maybe an option or two at low. Maybe it was another game, though.

nc
Related resources
April 23, 2012 4:50:30 AM

Have you searched the Beta forums to see if anyone has had the same issue?

Did you try re-installing the beta?

My rig used to do that when I first started playing Rift, Did everything you have done and then tried re-installing the game as well as checking resetting my modem and It worked flawlessly after.
April 23, 2012 12:15:34 PM

LostInHardware said:
Have you searched the Beta forums to see if anyone has had the same issue?

Did you try re-installing the beta?

My rig used to do that when I first started playing Rift, Did everything you have done and then tried re-installing the game as well as checking resetting my modem and It worked flawlessly after.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I think the free-to-play weekend has concluded (i'll verify). I considered a reinstall, but was being too lazy...I should have done that from the start and saved myself, potentially, tons of time.

I did look at the Beta forums and didn't see anything close to what I was experiencing. I wasn't entirely sure what graphical keywords to use. I tried graphics card, graphics issues, glitches, unplayable, etc. Most the problems I was seeing resolutions for were crashes, numbered errors, and latency issues.

nc

Best solution

April 23, 2012 2:31:03 PM

Hello,
the artifacting you're seeing could be caused by high temperatures on the GPU, could you check them?

Also, the driver support might be lacking for your card with respect to the game ( yours is 4 generations behind current ones) It's possible AMD isn't bothering to include compatibility fixes for such old cards. If you have 12.3 drivers, try installing 12.2 or earlier drivers
April 23, 2012 5:28:19 PM

AntiZig said:
Hello,
the artifacting you're seeing could be caused by high temperatures on the GPU, could you check them?

Also, the driver support might be lacking for your card with respect to the game ( yours is 4 generations behind current ones) It's possible AMD isn't bothering to include compatibility fixes for such old cards. If you have 12.3 drivers, try installing 12.2 or earlier drivers

Thanks for the reply!

GPU: 67 C.

I don't feel like it is caused by that, though. Mostly because the temps are cool when I start (albeit, rise quickly) and the artifacting is there from the start.

I KNOW my card is getting old, right? Still been getting the job done for my very moderate gaming, though. Play at 1280x1024 and don't normally have to go below medium quality...occasionally can even put on AA. At least I'm not trying to play on my old Nvidia 6600GT. ;-p

I didn't try older drivers. The d3 forums indicated 12.3 support for all amd cards. I reinstalled dx, just in case. No help.

I'd definitely take your advice if the ftp weekend wasn't over. If they bring it back, I'll give it a go. Had no trouble with other games recently, though (Magicka, Portal 2, various indie games and demos).

Appreciate the help!

==========

If anyone is still reading, I appreciate the suggestions, but will probably not use your advice as the open beta weekend is over and the problem seems to be localized to Diablo 3.

Thanks!
May 3, 2012 1:12:06 AM

Best answer selected by dotaloc.
!