hp 820 cxi printer problem....

hi..
my hp 820cxi wont print both sides of paper since i
change to xp home....

it was ok with 95/98/me....
i have downloaded drivers from hp site.... no good
i have tryed floppy disk with original drivers
xp wont accept them....

help :)
noel

noel russell (from aussie land) :) wrote:
> hi..
> my hp 820cxi wont print both sides of paper since i
> change to xp home....
>
> it was ok with 95/98/me....
> i have downloaded drivers from hp site.... no good
> i have tryed floppy disk with original drivers
> xp wont accept them....
>
> help :)
> noel

Another NSF. Someone asked an identical question not three hours ago.

You have two choices

1) Purchase Fine Print from www.fineprint.com

or

2) Purchase a new printer

The native driver is exactly that, something that enables you to print but
nothing more.

And, to quote Wislu Plethora

You sir, are an idiot. You expect a long-outdated printer
to be supported in perpetuity. I suggest that you defecate
in one hand and wish in the other, and see which you get
first. MS will provide drivers as supplied by the
manufacturer, and the fact that the XP driver for your
doorstop is not omnifunctional is a bone being thrown to
you so that you can still get basic functions until you
get smart enough to buy a new printer, which from the
looks of things could be a mighty long time.