EQ2: Quest restrictions to be relaxed

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=quest&message.id=45933&no_redir=true

"As many of you have pointed out, we originally added in some rules during
beta to force players to kill an entire encounter to get quest updates. At
the time, we thought of it as an exploit. Looking at the game as it is today
we realized something important:

It'd just be more fun if we relaxed the rules.

The same thing happened with restrictions on many zones. We originally
implemented long timers, group size restrictions and level requirements. But
that turned out to be less fun than a more relaxed set of rules. So we
changed it. Even now, we're looking at the access quest restrictions to see
if it'd be more fun to relax some of them.

Sometimes, we'll keep rules in place to make sure we preserve challenge,
long term value and prestige. Some quests in game will still require you to
kill the whole encounter. Some zones will still keep their meaningful
restrictions. But things that aren't fun will change.

Undoubtedly different people wiil have different ideas on what's fun and
what's not. Occasionally updates will make the game harder or big things
will change. But it will all be done with fun in mind.

We'll listen, we'll watch and we'll work hard to make sure that as many
people as possible have fun for years to come in EQII."

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:08:03 GMT, "Joiner" <joiner@hotmail.com>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>It'd just be more fun if we relaxed the rules.

"We are wussing out."
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com