Will this be enough for D3?

jetlife4

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
Hi guys, I'm a college student and want to look for a cheaper computer that would basically be used for homework (nothing more than word programs...) and Blizzard games. Diablo 3 in particular.

I was thinking this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103422&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

and adding 2 x 2 gb of ram to make a total 6gb for a cheap but something that i would be able to play d3 on.

!!!I'm not expecting to play on maxed out settings. Just want to know if i can run this with a decent frame rate on low-medium settings.

Thanks for your time! :D

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I've got a less powerful computer than that and i was able to play fine with max settings during last weekends diablo 3 open beta. Pretty low res but it looked fine to me.

To be fair, i'd suggest you buy the parts and build it yourself, but for $399 thats a damn good price!

Hello, a 6450 should be able to run ok. I have it on the work computer,

cyri gives me the following:
asfdffdddf.png

This is for recommended settings, so it will run on low settings just fine.

Also, as a side note, check if there's a micro center near you, they have pretty good deals sometimes too. (www.microcenter.com)

personally i would not touch that system... its very basic and gfx wise very weak.
if you want a gaming system your gonna have to spend $500/£350 at the very least
anything less and you wont meet minimum spec for games like bf3 and diablo 3.
try to find an i3 2100 bare bones with a 550w psu and add a $150-$200 gfx card to it and you will be set.

jetlife4

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

I put in the order already :/ well I guess we will see. I bought it and 2 x 2gb g skill RAM so ill hope for the best. My buddies macbook ran it pretty nice on low settings, so I would imagine it will run at least on low settings with a decent frame rate. I mean.... It's a blizzard game after all.