fax set up

I can't seem to find my fax set up on my computer. Its suppose to be under phone tools but cant seem to locate it.Can you help?

What OS and fax software are you talking about? There is no such thing as
"Phone Tools" in Windows XP.

Windows XP Fax is must be installed from Control Panel > Add/Remove Windows
Components. It is necessary that you have an analog fax modem compatible
with Windows XP Fax (see the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List) and an
analog phone line.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"john6290" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to find my fax set up on my computer. Its suppose to be under
phone tools but cant seem to locate it.Can you help?

Mr

Dont know if this is what your asking but Ill give it a shot-
GO to Start >all programs> then accesories>then communications-there u will
see the fax option. the phone tools you are talking about might be from a
program that might have been installed when you got your pc-Mine did-I got a
dell 1 1/2 years ago and as an add-on it came with BVRP phone tools & is in
there under "classic phone tools in the all programs section- did this help-
I have a fax phone that I use to fax-I tried learning how touse the phone
tools & fax councel programs but had difficulty so I let it be-for now. best
wishes