NoiseControl Silverado

SmileyBri

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, it looks like the NoiseControl Silverado is the CPU cooler winner. Has anyone here used one? I am looking for some feedback from real users before spending that kind of bread on a CPU cooler.

Also, where can I buy one? I looked at some of my regular suppliers and none carry it. An Internet search brought up only German sites. Does this thing really exist?

Thanks,

Brian

G

They sell it at www.noisecontrol.de. It is pretty expensive, $80 USD with shipping.

G

It is only available from the German manufacturer. I do not know what the wait time would be on an order. If people are interested, we should do a group order to save on shipping charges.
/ Ryan

Tankman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2001
You can find another test of the Silverado at this German website http://www.max-oc.de/pc-reports/artikel/kuehlers/coolertest.php3. Use a translator like Babblefish at Altavista and you'll get the gist of the comparison. They caution against buying one unless you know it will fit your mobo since the Silverado is so damn big. Prices in Germany are not much better than the US..$70 shipped.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Tankman on 03/21/01 06:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

SmileyBri

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks all!

I went ahead and ordered one for my Asus A7V133 Mainboard. I hope it fits. I have an Enlite Case with a spot for an additional case fan under the power supply. I suppose I should add a fan to this spot also to keep things cool. Are some case fans better than others? Suggestions?

Do any of you use a cooler for the Hard Drive? I have seen some devices that mount the drive in a 5" bay with fans in the front. Do these fans blow in or out? I assume in, since the airflow is front to back in the case, no?

Thanks again.

PS I don't overclock, but I might in the future, so all this extra cooling is not needed I assume.

G

Fits great on my A7v! My case is pretty crummy but so far the silverado is so quiet that I don't run any other fans and have the side open. Have to wait for warmer weather and see how this works. The silverado fans are sucking air into the impeller units which means the one closest to the power supply is actually fighting the airflow into the bottom of the PSU. So far, tho, no problems. Again, this has a lot to do with setting cpu idle byte correctly per my other post.

Silverado rulz this week ! Shagadelic!!

TRENDING THREADS