I would like to start a tight knit gaming group.

englase

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
Hello all! I am wanting to start a tight knit PC gaming group that focuses on having a good time rather than being "Hardcore" as they call it. This group would not be a clan or a guild, just a group of people that like to socialize and enjoy PC gaming together. Unfortunately, I need people in order to make this group happen. I already have a website and Ventrilo server and I have a clear vision of what I would like to do with this little project. If anyone at all here would be interested in helping me build such a community please PM me and we can discuss.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to hearing from some of you :)

-Tim

i cant say im surprised your struggling. you cant run a clan like a project its always a team effort and generally based around a common interest like a certain game or franchise.
as a long time gamer i can tell you gaming is about trust and that takes time to build up so unless you regularly host a game server your gonna have an uphill struggle...
inviting players onto your vent is a start but hosting a game will get your membership up a lot quicker.

englase

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
HEXiT, Thanks for the advice I am sure that it will be useful for this little project. A friend and I are thinking of using Diablo 3 as a jump off point for the group, but we will see how it goes. :D

There's a number of questions you need to work out:
1. what games
2. what servers (if applicable to #1)
3. what language (english is dandy but not everyone will speak it well, but you want to have some standard so you don't have stratification within the group)
4. where are you based (location) it's possible to go global but time diffferences and latencies make it a pain in the ass

In my experience this works best if either you run your own game server for some game or you pick some MMO game where you will create a guild and then use those guys to basically start your community off and branch out to other games that you like to play toghether.

Hope that helps

MegaMilk Gaming

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015